Sunday, December 5, 2010

Guest Stamper: Doris Denman‘s Aerial Snowman

You all loved my Aerial Snowman which I posted early last month… I shared how to make him, and the card was very well received by all.  I also posted the card on some of my Stampin’ Groups and Forums, Splitcoast Stampers, Stampin Connection, and Stampin’ Addicts, and Paper Craft Planet.  I have seen him pop up all over the internet, on Corrine Sommerville’s site (aka Roxy), and even Dawn Griffith had a case of my card on her site.  Well, the other day I was logging into Stampin’ Connection, a site for Stampin’ Up! Demos only… and there was yet another case of my card… but this case was so stunning, I had to email Doris Denman and ask permission to share her card with you… talk about stepping it up!  My little original aerial snowman is quite a plain John next to Doris’ beautiful card!

Here’s my original snowman card… which I originally made  for my Senior Stamping group… in early October and shared on my blog later that month… cute at the time SmileOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Ahh… but it pales by comparison!  Here is Doris Denman’s Super Stepped Up Version which she named “Mr. Flurry”!  LOVE the details on this snowman!!  LOL.. mine really pales by comparison!  Sadly, Doris doesn’t have a blog, but if you are a Stampin Up! Demonstrator, you can access all her beautiful creations at her Doris' Stampin Connection Gallery HERE.

DorisDenmanMr.Flurry

As if that were not enough, Doris went a step further and created a snow kid and wagon for Mr. Flurry too!  Isn’t she cute??

DorisDenman_Detail

LOL  I was admiring her photography skills with all the blurry edges… but after Doris messaged me to confirm acceptance as a guest stamper, I had to go look at her gallery… these images are actually part of a fabulous scrapbook 2-page layout!  Too cute!

DorisDenmanDoubleLayout

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Mr. Flurry Share by Doris Denman:

  • Stamps:  Fabulous Phrases
  • Cardstock:  Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue
  • Inks:  Baja Breeze Classic, Whisper White Craft, Pretty in Pink
  • Designer Series Paper:  Candy Lane
  • Big Shot Machine and Supplies:  Northern Frost Decorative Strip, Serif Essentials Alphabet, Pretty Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder
  • Punches:  Snowflake Punch, 3/4”, 1/2”, 1-1/4” 1-3/4” and 2-1/2” Circle Punches, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Small Heart Punch, Cogs Extra Large Punch, corner rounder, word window punch, Modern Label Punch
  • Accessories:  Brights Glitter Brads, Neutrals Brads, Sponge Daubers, Basic Jewel Rhinestones, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Dazzling Diamonds, Two Way Glue Pen, White Signo Gel Pen, Stampin’ Write Markers, Crimper

Hope I got everything LOL!! Makes me want to put  another Scrapbook class on my calendar!

If you’ve made a case of one of my cards and would like to be featured on my blog, please email me a copy of your case and a link to your online gallery, I’d love to share your work as well!  Have a great day!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

lisa808 said...

That is a fabulous layout! Thanks for sharing your friend's project.

Wanda said...

This is an outstanding scrapbook 2-page layout. TFS Love it!

nana_cindy42 said...

These are really cute and cheerful! But I also like yours because it looks like the snowman is outdoors in a natural setting. But in this card it looks like this guy is in a box looking up. I do love the cheery colors, the little red heart, and hat, the rosy cheeks and cheerful cute smile, tho. Thanks for posting these.

Dale Morin said...

Fabulous layout! Thanks for sharing your friend's work.

Patrice H said...

Casing is the highest form of flattery! See what type of inspiration you give to us :) Every time you create something amazing we get excited!! And better yet your peers are getting excited (Dawn and others!!!!)

Kelli P. said...

I love Doris' 2page layout, especially the detail of the red/blue cap. It looks like the head of the snowman is nestled into the cap....how did she do that?

TFS...too bad I'm not a demo, I'd be checking out her gallery for sure!