Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Color Challenge Design Team Silhouette Sentiments Embossed Card

In the midst of winter weather, and Christmas, today’s Utah Divas International Design Team Color Challenge is like a fresh breath of spring.  The crisp, fresh and fun colors remind me of flowers in spring.  Today’s UDI 15 color challenge features cardstock and ink colors of Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty in Pink, and Very Vanilla.

For this challenge, I chose to use each and every cardstock color, plus Very Vanilla and the Silhouette Sentiments Hostess Level 1 Stamp set from the Stampin’ Up! Idea Book and Catalog.  My hostesses really love this stamp set, some have even submitted book parties just to acquire it.. just another option to the in home demo and workshop Smile   Contact Me to set up your own in-home demo, workshop, or book party… you’re going to have so much fun with your crafty and creative friends!

Here’s the UDI official challenge photo… bright and cheery, fresh and fun!

UDI_15

And of course, here is my Silhouette Sentiments card based on the Utah Divas International Color Challenge of the week!  I chose to add simple embossing and distressing techniques to the card… a little bling is fun too along the Teeny Tiny Wishes sentiment!

UDI#15_SharonField

All embossing was done using a Very Vanilla embossing powder, and a heat tool.  When I showed this pretty little card to my Stamp Club members, they immediately wanted to know how I created the shadow around the Silhouette Stem Embossed images.  Truthfully, I didn’t really think the camera would pick that up… but it sure did!

The shadow around the stamped images was created with a VersaMark Ink Pen.  I used the brush end of the marker and actually it was added to the card because of what I call a “creative opportunity”… I can see my customers and friends smiling right now… they know that there is no stress to stamping, because it is an art form which allows the stamper to explore alternatives to perfect! 

My “creative opportunity” evolved when I wasn’t quite happy with the ink coverage of one of the images.. I wanted a distressed and worn appearance… but I wanted full coverage!   So, I quickly grabbed a VersaMark Ink Pen, appended the image and added more embossing powder, and heated to cure!

While improvising, I happened to notice that the shadow really enhanced the image as well, making it stand out a bit more… so guess what?  They all got a touch of VersaMark Ink Pen!

Stamps and Supplies used for today’s Silhouette Sentiments UDI 15 Card:

  • Stamps:  En Francais, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Silhouette Sentiments
  • Ink:  Versamark, Very Vanilla Craft Ink
  • Cardstock:  Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty in Pink, and Very Vanilla
  • Accessories:  Modern Label Extra Large Punch, Sponge Dauber, Basic Jewel Rhinestones, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Heat Tool, Very Vanilla Embossing Powder, Powder Pals, Embossing Buddy

Hope you enjoyed today's Utah Divas International Card Share!  Visit the UDI blog and play along with the design team this week… we’d love to see your creative cards, projects, and pages!

See you tomorrow with a sketch challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!

Stay warm, healthy, and safe!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

nana_cindy42 said...

Very nice card!! I like!!!

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is just gorgeous. I love this color combination because it is so soft and sweet. Thanks for blessing my day and may your family have a blessed Christmas. :)

inkedx2 said...

I love this Sharon! The colors are gorgeous. Great idea to play and come up with a great technique.

Robbie

Sandy Hill said...

Sharon, I love this card...but I have a question. You said you used Very Vanilla embossing powder. I can't find it anyplace in the catalog. I would love to replicate your card for one of my classes. Can you tell me where to get the Very Vanilla ep? Thank you.

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a great card Sharon. Love the colors and your embossing shadow trick.......it does highlight the images just perfectly. TFS!