Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve, A Wish For Peace, and Design Team Card

Merry Christmas Eve to one and all!  Today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Card share is also a wish for Peace throughout the world!  I thought a card with “Peace on Earth”an appropriate greeting as we approach Christmas.  Today’s SFF1224 Design Challenge is a sketch designed by team member Deb Currier:

SFF122410-DebCurrier
When I first look at these sketches, I also re-sketch the design on paper so I don’t have to keep going back to the computer to review them… although I have the basic design on paper, they sometimes get changed in the migration from concept to card.  That’s exactly what I did with today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge Sketch!
Basically, I knew it was vertical card with a rectangle, two strips of cardstock or paper, and three brads, buttons or pearls.  Here’s what I did with this sketch, with a little vintage twist, and Designer Series Paper, I hope you like it!
SFF1224_Slf
The entire surface of the card, including designer series paper is actually covered with a fine layer of champagne shimmer mist (click for tutorial).  Of course, shimmer is often difficult to photograph.. on my card it is showing up like little specks of lint LOL!  Trust me, that’s not lint!
Taking a little creative license, I made one of the horizontal paper strips the sentiment for my card:  Peace on Earth.  The second horizontal strip became my ribbon and tinsel embellishment.  As you can see, I’ve migrated the brads to Basic Rhinestone Pearls.  Here’s a little close up of the details:

SFF1224_SLF2
The Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team operates a bit like a mini blog tour… team members all create sketch based cards and link to the next blog on the list for your viewing pleasure.  The next blog on the team tour is Tammy Baldwin, of Creative Apple Scrampers.  Be sure to stop by her blog and leave a sweet comment, perhaps a “Merry Christmas” too.
If at any time you get lost during the blog tour, be sure to visit the team blog at Sketch Frenzy Friday or simply use the link list for team members on my blog side-bar.
Stamps and supplies used for todays’ Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Challenge:

  • Stamps:  Artistic Etchings, Four the Holidays
  • Cardstock and Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Brushed Gold, Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper
  • Ink:  Versamark, and Early Espresso Classic Ink
  • Accessories:  Shimmer Mist, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Dazzling Diamonds, Paper Piercer, Stampin Dimensionals, Chantilly Crochet Trim (Lace), Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Snail Adhesive, Very Vanilla Embossing Powder, Moonlight Smooch, Tinsel, Antique Brads, Basic Jewel Pearls, Mini Glue Dots, Powder Pals, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool
Have a wonderful Christmas Eve… If you have a quiet moment on Christmas Day, I’ll have a new Super Saturday Tutorial for your viewing… and a special tutorial themed card as well.
Hugs,
Sharon
Pin It!

4 comments:

inkedx2 said...

Love your interpretation!

Robbie

Tammy Fite said...

This card is so elegant!! and, I love the "lint"!!! Great job!

Deb said...

WOW! Love your card! I just love all the details in the embellishments! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Beautiful card!! Perfect for Christmas Eve!!