Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bliss-full Framed Tulips Valentine and Sale-A-Bration Sneak Peek

I hope you enjoyed yesterdays super simple Super Saturday Tutorial on re-sizing projects using the Framed Tulips Textured Embossing Folder!  If you didn’t happen to see it, simply scroll down to the next post or click HERE to view all my Super Saturday Tutorials!

As promised, today I’m sharing another Framed Tulips Textured Embossing Folder Card along with a Sale-A-Bration Catalog Product Sneak Peek!  Ordinarily I don’t pre-order Sale-A-Bration products as they are FREE with every merchandise order of $50.00 or more… but I simply couldn’t resist the fun ephemeral images in the BLISS stamp set!

Here’s my Bliss Valentine card, featuring ALL of the images from the Bliss stamp set, and a greeting from the very versatile Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set!

P1000362

 

I love the little bird, which is positioned along the bottom of the card… well, I love all the images in this stamp set.  If I had to pick one favorite it is the flourish shown in the center of the card.

The flourish is NOT stamped on designer series paper… so what is that, you ask?  It’s a piece of So Saffron Cardstock which was distressed by randomly smacking a Whisper White Craft Ink Pad, DTP.  (DTP:  Direct to Paper) 

Whisper White Craft Ink is a pigment ink, so it is great for embossing but takes a while to dry.  A heat tool was used to dry or “set” the Whisper White Craft Ink before stamping the flourish image from Bliss onto the distressed cardstock with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink.

The butterfly image in the Bliss Sale-A-Bration stamp set contains random images, letters, and numbers.  Initially, I stamped it onto So Saffron Cardstock, but it seemed awfully dark, and the lettering didn’t ‘pop’.  On my second attempt, I stamped the image with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock, heat set, and then added So Saffron Classic Ink to the image with a sponge dauber.

After applying a bit of Embossing Powder, and a shot with a heat tool, the butterfly was cut out with paper snips and popped onto the final card with a stampin dimensional.

A sponge dauber and Not Quite Navy Classic Ink was used to color the Paper Daisy… when applying ink, do so from the center of the flower outward to the edges and you’ll achieve more even coloration.

Although there are a lot of layers, and elements to this card, it actually was very quick and easy to assemble.  Embossing the Garden Green cardstock with the Framed Tulips Textured Embossing Folder, and cutting out the butterfly (and the antennae!) took a couple minutes… but all the other elements came together quickly with the help of punches, and stampin’ dimensionals.

Stamps and Supplies Used in today’s Bliss-full Framed Tulips Valentine Card

Stamps:  Bliss (Sale-A-Bration), and Teeny Tiny Wishes

Cardstock:  So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Not Quite Navy

Inks:  Not Quite Navy, Garden Green, and So Saffron Classic Ink; Whisper White Craft Ink

Big Shot Machine and Framed Tulips Textured Embossing Folder

Extra Large Punches:  Modern Label and Decorative Label

Accessories:  Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Paper Daisies, Victoria Crochet Trim (lace), Stampin Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers ,Stampin’ Write Markers, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool

Sale-A-Bration free products with each $50.00 merchandise purchase runs January 25th through March 31st… have you booked your workshop yet?  Contact Me today to book yours!  I look forward to meeting your crafty friends… we’re going to have so much fun!

Design Team Challenges resume tomorrow with a Utah Divas International Color Challenge… Hope you’ll stop by and play along!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

That's absolutely beautiful!! I'll have to wait to get my set free..but do love how you used the craft ink!! Love it!!

Betty said...

Oh My! Thanks so much for this inspiration! I am not a "hearts" person when it comes to valentines, yet I like to send special people a card - this will do the trick. Don't have these sets yet but will improvise with what I do own- they need "ink" anyway! Thanks again.
Betty in KY

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

soggystamper said...

Thanks for the detailed directions for using different sizes of card stock in the Tulip embossing folder. I am sure I would have eventually figured it out but appreciate you sharing your experience so I don't have to experiment.
Sue aka The Soggy Stamper
www.soggystamper.com

Jen Timko said...

I love the sparkle in the flourish! This is a beautiful card and a great technique (I have been linking people here to see the tutorial). So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!