Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bells and Boughs Christmas Diva Coffee Break Designs 207

Yikes.. just catching up on my emails and stuff… this was last week’s DCBD post for the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge!  It should have been posted on Wednesday December 15th.. but instead I gave you a little preview.  With my DD’s college graduation, company it was a very crazy and busy week!  At least I posted the correct sketch to the team blog LOL… so here’s a re-post of the card and sketch you should have seen!

 

dcbd207sm

 

Bells & Boughs.. it was one of those “must have” stamp sets from the holiday mini catalog!  I really struggled on how to color the card though, until I saw a fellow demonstrator post a card to one of the demo only groups with water-colored bells.  It wasn’t the water coloring that stumped me, it was the actual color to make the bells.. I think she used crumb cake classic ink… but all the while I was trying to use so saffron or daffodil delight classic ink!  It was just one of those DUH moments!

DCBD207_Sharon_field - Copy

My bells are water colored with River Rock Classic Ink… I thought the green tint played well next to the brushed gold, always artichoke, cherry cobbler inks and cardstock and Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper.  A stampin write marker was used to re-highlight areas of the bell where the stamp had shadows, and outlined the entire image with the fine tip of the marker as well.  The bow was done in a similar fashion, only I used both Real Red and Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write markers.

Now that I’m back on track, hope you’ll join the Diva Coffee Break Design Team and make a special card for the sketch based challenge!  The challenges are active for one week, and then team members vote on one card to receive a special featured artist post and spotlight.  You don’t have to have a blog to add your card or challenge based project.. simply upload your creation to an online gallery or splitcoaststampers and we’ll be sure to check it out!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: