Friday, December 3, 2010

Another Classic Card in Black and Vanilla SFF120310 Challenge

I hope you’re not tired of classic black and vanilla cards!  With my busy schedule, I’ve hardly had time to think and Black and Vanilla are so quick and easy to make!  This card took less than 5 minutes to make… and it has that very classic card look. 

Today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge was a very simple design by Tina Taves.  I’ve been thinking about how to make this card more elegant and appealing ever since I first saw the sketch… I tried to use other colors, but just kept coming back to the simple and classic combination… so Black & Vanilla it was!  Here’s Tina’s Sketch:

120310TinaTaves

And a quick and cute, CAS get well card from my stamping table to you!

SFF123SharonField

I love the little band-aid which is part of the Wellness Wishes Stamp Set.  Isn’t it cute?  I suppose I could have added some color to the pup… but drab and colorless kind of went with the wellness wishes theme Smile After being sick for two weeks straight, I thought I had better have a stash of wellness wishes anyway… something seems to be going around!

The B&V herringbone paper is from the Love Letters Designer Series Paper Pack.  I really love Love Letters and look forward to using it this spring for it’s intended purpose, Valentine Cards… LOL, haven’t made one yet with it, but there’s still plenty of time for that!

Hope you’ll play along with the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team this week!  This sketch is so easy, what’s not to love?  Sketch Frenzy Friday operates kind of like a weekly mini blog hop, we all work on the same sketch and then conveniently link to each others’ blogs… the next blog on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Mini Hop is Tammy Baldwin of Creative Apple Scrampers.  Be sure to stop by Tammy’s blog (click on her name in the previous sentence) and leave her a sweet comment!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Share:

  • Stamps:  Wellness Wishes
  • Cardstock:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla
  • Classic Ink:  Basic Black
  • Designer Series Paper:  Love Letters
  • Accessories:  Ticket Corner Punch, Modern Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Big Shot Machine and Ovals Die, Narrow Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon, Black Flourish Designer Jewels, Paper Snips, Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker

Tomorrow, by request… my regular Super Saturday Free Tutorial will feature a step by step pictorial tutorial on how to tie the Double Loop Bow which I often use on my blog (with a nod to Ilina Crouse who ties the bow on her DH’s fingers Smile)  Hope you’ll stop by and give it a try!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Vikki Jo said...

Great sketch, adorable card!!

Melinda said...

oh! So sweet!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card!

Creative Apple Scrampers said...

gotta love black and white.

Deb said...

Very cute card!

nana_cindy42 said...

Awww, this is so cute & adorable! Again you found a b&w card I love!