Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5 Minute Card, One Layer Card - DCBD 208 Challenge

I don’t do a lot of one layer stamped cards… mostly because I love layers.  Every now and then, one pops into my head and I just have to make it… so out come the stamps, cardstock, etc.… in this case, the colors Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler plus Very Vanilla combined into a great Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge #208!  Come play along with the design team this week… take a break, dust off your stamps, and play along!  Here is this week’s color challenge:

DCBD_208

When I first saw these colors, I thought Christmas, of course!  I didn’t happen to have my calendar handy but knew this post would  be closing in on Christmas… and thought my readers might be ready for something other than Christmas Cards for a change, so I opted instead for a ‘thinking of you’ card suitable for any time of the year!

Stamps and supplies used for today’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge:

  • Stamps:  En Francais, Just Believe, Word Play, Baroque Motifs
  • Cardstock:  Crumb Cake
  • Inks:  Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink, Very Vanilla Craft Ink
  • Stampin’ Write Markers:  Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke
  • Accessories:  Clear Embossing Powder, powder pal, embossing buddy, heat tool

And.. here’s my DCBD #208 Challenge Card:

 

DCBD208_SharonField

I made this card quite easily in under 5 minutes… and as you can see, although there are layers of stamps and color, there is only one card layer.. quite mail ready!

Step by Step:

  • Ink En Francais large format background stamp with Crumb Cake Classic Ink, and stamp front of card.  The classic ink dries very quickly.
  • Use the embossing buddy, tap all over the front of the card to prevent embossing powder from sticking to anything other than the next layer of ink.
  • Ink up the large swirl motif from the Very Vanilla Craft Ink, and stamp on lower half of the card.
  • The craft ink stays wet for quite a while… take care when handling, not to smear it.
  • Ink the large floral image from the Just Believe stamp set with Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Markers using the side of the brush tip.  The ink will dry very quickly.
  • Pre-heat your heat tool.
  • The Craft ink is still wet at this point… place card in powder pal tray, and cover with Clear Embossing Powder.
  • Heat until set with pre-heated heat tool
  • Your card is done!

Hope you enjoyed this simple and fun 5 minute card, one layer card.  I’ll see you tomorrow with yet another design team challenge… I’m taking a 360, so be sure to check back and see the next project!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

Susan Carlson said...

Sharon,

Your layers of stamping add such depth to this creation that I don't even miss multiple layers of card stock. Well done!

Sandra said...

great card!
Sandra

Shari Winterstein said...

Outstanding card! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

nana_cindy42 said...

Beautiful! I love the layers of stamps! Lovely card!!!

JERILEE said...

YOU'RE SO CREATIVE WITH THE INK LAYERS. I LOVE THAT YOUR CARD IS MAIL READY TOO. TFS.