Tuesday, November 23, 2010

UDI Color Challenge UDI11

Always a fun and creative challenge, the Utah Divas International Design Team has been working hard to bring you fresh ideas inspired by the weekly color challenges!  This week’s UDI11 Color Challenge is inspired by a little girls’ holiday dress.  Colorful colors of Regal Rose, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla… they look great on the dress, bet you’re wondering what I came up with!

UDI_color_challenge_011

To create my custom stamped card for this color challenge, I dusted off my stamps, cleaned off my table and set all the cardstock colors in front of me, and waited for them to speak to me… it was a very long wait LOL… But after a little trial and error, I came up with a cute combination card featuring flowing flowers from the Fast and Fabulous Hostess Level II stamp set!  The greeting was borrowed from another stamp set.. Thoughts and Prayers.   Delicate floral images and a bell pull came to mind as I added Basic Pearl Jewels to flower centers and brad heads. 

You hear me rave all the time about the lovely antique brads… and this one brushed with vanilla (it comes that way) seemed to fit appropriately on my pear pizzaz bell pull, don’t you think?

UDI11_SharonField_UDI Color Challenges

Faux stitching along the left edge of the card could probably been left off, but I thought it needed a little something to balance the bulky pear pizzaz ribbon embellishment.  Maybe, maybe not… The floral image was water-colored and then inside edges of floral images were markered over with the brush tip of my stampin’ write markers.

Well, I managed to get ALL those colors in there, can’t wait to see what Gretchen tosses us next week!  She does like to challenge us with a LOT of colors!  Hope you’ll visit the Utah Divas International Blog and play along with us this week!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Love the colors!!

nana_cindy42 said...

Beautiful card! I esp. love the purple - oops 'perfect plum' - flowers with delightful shading and little pearl centers! And, yes, I do like the antique brad!