Tuesday, November 30, 2010

UDI 12 Color Challenge–A WHOLE lot of Bling!

Are you ready for another awesome color challenge?  Check out this fabulous bracelet… our inspiration for this week’s UDI 12 color challenge from  Utah Divas International!  This week’s colors are Certainly Celery, Concord Crush, So Saffron and Basic Gray or Brushed Silver… Personally, I’d love to have this bracelet, it’s a real WOW!!  Psst… Santa Claus, are you out there lurking?

UDI_color_challenge_012

 

Loved the colors in this weeks’ challenge… but still had to really work it to come up with a card I liked.  LOL, there are a lot of rejects on my stamp table this week!  Hope you like my card!  The background for the stamped focal image from Jut Believe was created with my Acrylic Stamp Weathered Background Technique.  It’s a really quick and fun WOW technique!

UDI12_sharonField

Yes, I tied the triple loop bow on my fingers… thought it resembled a butterfly a little bit.  This card was very simple, easy to create and quick to make too… Not quite the bling I was imaging when I first peered at that lovely bracelet though!

Stamps and supplies used in today’s card share:

  • Stamps:  Just Believe, Tiny Tags
  • Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Concord Crush, Brushed Silver
  • Classic Inks:  So Saffron, Certainly Celery
  • Accessories:  1/8” Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, stampin write markers, metallic brads, victoria lace, big shot machine, vintage wallpaper textured embossing folder, mini glue dots, stampin dimensionals, jewelry tag, metallic eyelets, crop a dile tool, acrylic block

Hope you will play along with the Utah Divas International Design Team this week… visit the team blog for more fabulous ideas using the color combination featured in today’s sketch challenge!  And.. if you happen to see Santa somewhere along the way, show him this fabulous bracelet LOL!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

This is beautiful, and I love how your acrylic block background softens the focal image. Thanks for the inspiration.

Donna said...

What a wonderful project! I also like your black and White waffle card. Thanks for sharing all your tutorials, Sharon!
de

Ms said...

What a gorgeous card.... love the color combination and softness... just beautiful

nana_cindy42 said...

I love those colors! And I, too, love that bracelet! I love colorful gemstones even when they aren't real! Your card is beautiful! Esp with the acrylic block background. I'm glad you showed us how to do it at class.

Maxine Conrad said...

Great card Sharon. LOVE that perfectly tied bow :) Good job friend :)

Creative Art By Barb said...

Another great card and you're right the bow does resemble a butterfly - love that idea..
TFS,
Barb S (FL)