Are you making the most of Cyber Monday? In the spirit of the season, online shopping, and to thank my readers and followers, I’ve got a very special Cyber Monday give away! Well, actually FOUR very special Cyber Monday Give-Away’s! It seems my blog hit counter rolled past the 400,000 mark earlier this month, and I totally missed it! So… here are the FOUR Cyber Monday Give Away’s and simple instructions so you can win three ways!
- Cyber Monday Give Away Number ONE: Simply leave a comment on ANY of my November blog posts. Be sure to include your email address using the anti spam format susie(at)yahoo(dot)com. For every comment you’ll have one entry into a drawing to win the Silhouette Sentiments Clear Mount Stamp Set!
- Cyber Monday Give Away Number TWO: Place a merchandise order of $45.00 or more in my Online Stampin’ Up! Store and you’ll be entered into a drawing to win the For You Phrases Simply Sent Card kit valued at $45.00! That’s like doubling your money!
- Cyber Monday Give Away Number THREE: Join my Team for just $87.50 before midnight (Mountain Time) and I’ll send you a set of classic ink re-inkers in the color family of your choice! Click here to go to my Stampin’ Up! Site, select JOIN NOW from the left column, and then enter my password StampTeam – I know you’re going to love this opportunity!
- Cyber Monday Give Away Number FOUR: If you’re already a direct member of my team, and you sign a recruit TODAY, I’ll also give you a complete set of classic re-inkers in the color family of your choice!
So.. FOUR ways to win free stuff, how cool is that? Happy Shopping!
How to find out if you’ve won!
- Winners will be announced on my blog on Thursday, December 2nd!
Today’s Snowflake Card Share:
Last Saturday’s Super Saturday Tutorial featured Seminole Paper Piecing, and a rhinestone snowflake. I’ve had a lot of questions, emails, and comments about that snowflake… everyone seemed to like it a LOT, so I thought today I would share another card featuring Rhinestone Crystal Snowflakes!
How I make the Rhinestone Snowflakes
The snowflakes are very easy to create, basically you start with the center rhinestone, and then add six around the center rhinestone. Varying the size of the rhinestones yields different effects. The small rhinestones above the ribbon have the largest rhinestone in the Basic Jewels package in the center, 6 medium rhinestones around it, and then 6 of the smaller rhinestones extended from that point.
The largest snowflake by contrast is made with 13 of the largest rhinestones, and 6 medium rhinestones were placed on the extensions. The tiniest snowflake (below the ribbon) was made entirely with the smallest rhinestones in the Basic Jewels pack.
When constructing the rhinestone snowflakes, after placing the center rhinestone, I worked with two rhinestones at a time to place them around the center stone, placing them opposite (across from) one another. This made it easier to keep the same distance and balance in the rhinestone snowflakes.
About the Ribbon Twist
The ribbon on this card was twisted gently and attached on the back with mini glue dots before tying a bow to the strand. The organza ribbon adds a bit of dimension yet no bulk when twisted and applied to the card in this manner. Kind of fun… looking at it now, I think it would also be fun to ink just the edges of the ribbon with a sponge dauber and Real Red Classic Ink before twisting… maybe a candy cane appearance? Hmm.. maybe I’ll give that a try too
Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Snowflake Flurry Rhinestone Card:
- Stamps: Four the Holidays
- Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Brushed Silver
- Ink: Versamark
- Accessories: Organza Ribbon, Heat Tool, Silver Embossing Powder, Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Mini Glue Dots
Hope to see you back here tomorrow for another challenge from the Utah Divas International Design Team Color Challenges! It's a real doozie and you won’t want to miss it