Friday, November 19, 2010

Sketch Frenzy Friday–Classic Red & Green

When I think of Christmas Cards, the Classic Red and Green Colors often come to mind… and those are the colors I’ve used for today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Sketch!  Wild Wasabi and Real Red make a classic color combination for the Christmas Holidays, complimentary colors which really pop against a whisper white background!  Here is today’s SFF111910 Challenge Sketch… created by design team member Melinda Couden.  I hope you’ll come play along with our Design Team this week!

SFF111910MelindaCouden

 

So… breaking out the Presto Patterns Designer Series Papers, and the Party Hats from the Party Hearty Stamp Set… here is my classic Red and Green Christmas Card using the sketch shown above!

Sharon+Field+SFF111910

A Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker was used to create tree trunks on each of the party hat ‘trees’ and a tiny bling of rhinestone jewels added to each party hat/tree topper.  I just love the new timeless trim Bigz die featured in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Mini Catalog.. the large scallops surrounding the treed focal mage was created with the die and my Big Shot Machine.

Presto Patterns Designer papers were sponged with Wild Wasabi and Real Red Classic ink, then buffed with a tissue to remove excess.  This process was repeated several times until I achieved the desired depth of color.  In retrospect, I wish I had embossed the whisper white cardstock base with the pretty petals embossing folder, I think it would have added a little bit more texture to the card.. what do you think?

Very Merry was stamped with Real Red Classic Ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock and then edges were sponged with Wild Wasabi Classic ink before popping onto the card with stampin’ Dimensionals… a very quick and classic card… with very clean and simple lines!

To visit the next blog on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team mini blog hop, click and go to>> Tammy Baldwin’s <<delightful blog.

Well, off to the drawing board.. I’ve got another Super Saturday Tutorial coming up tomorrow, and I know you won’t want to miss it!  Of course, you can visit all my tutorials any time by clicking on the Tutorials Tab at the top of this page… I love reading your comments, and look forward to seeing your Sketch Frenzy Friday creations as well!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

 

Pin It!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

how incredibly ingenious to use the birthday hats as Christmas trees! AWESOME!!!

Sandra said...

very nice.
Sandra

Deb said...

It is so clever to take the party hats and turn them into Christmas trees! Your card is so festive! Love it!

Sunflower Stamper said...

I love Red & Green for Christmas too! LOVE how you used the hats for trees!! Too cute!!

nana_cindy42 said...

This is Super! I love everything about it. And actually, I think the embossing on the white card base might have taken the eye away from the rest of it. It's perfect as is.

inkedx2 said...

I love your card Sharon! What a great idea to use the presto patterns paper. TFS

Robbie

jmniffer said...

Great out of the box idea with this set! Thanks for sharing.
jmniffer at comcast dot net