Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hello, you… And a Pop of Color DCBD 203

Have you been playing along with the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenges?  I’ve certainly been having a lot of fun!  With four Design Teams, it’s a lot to keep up with too!  Today’s Design Team Challenge is a simple sketch.  When I first looked at the sketch, immediately I thought of Eyeballs.. and then Olives.. LOL… I wonder what YOU will do with the sketch?  Play along with the team by clicking the Design Team link in the first sentence!  Here’s the DCBD 203 Sketch:

dcbd203sm

Well, I also thought about little gold fish swimming outside the port holes on a boat… but then, I didn’t create any cards like that at all!  My DCBD card creation is in Basic Black, Very Vanilla, And Cherry Cobbler and uses one of the lovely patterned papers from the Newsprint and Love Letters Designer Series Papers, Neutrals Buttons and Glimmer Brads:

DCBD203_slf

 

I wanted to do something a bit different than the norm, did I succeed?  Hope so!  The “hello, you” is from a stamp set with the same name… it’s kind of hidden in the Idea Book and Catalog, and may be found tucked in the pages with Card Kits.  A two piece greeting stamp set, the other greeting is a script writtensweet friend”.  The stamp set caught my eye… because it’s a bit more contemporary than the traditional “thinking of you”.  Linen thread was tied in random bows and strung between the layered wheels on the card.  The pinked edges are from the fabulously fun Timeless Trim Die which is currently featured in the Holiday Mini Catalog.

Speaking of doing things a bit different… when’s the last time you hosted a Stampin’ Up! workshop for friends and family?  Debbie hosted one last night… and everyone had so much fun!  Debbie is still picking out her fabulous hostess benefit freebies!  Contact me to schedule your Workshop today!  I’m already scheduling Sale-A-Bration workshops for February and March 2011 too!  Be sure to get on my calendar ASAP!

Christmas is right around the corner… did you know you that I have Gift Certificates available for your crafty friends and family?  I’m also giving away a FREE Stampin’ Up! Stamp set of ANY VALUE to ONE lucky winner this month*… all you have to do is send me your Stampin’ Up! Wish list, name, address, contact info and an email list for family, friends, and loved ones who would love to have great gift ideas! Click the Contact Me tab at the top of the page to send me your wish list… I’m happy to pass it along! (*Free stamp set for US residents only, non-demos only.)

Stamps and Supplies used for Today’s DCBD 203 Card Share:

  • Stamps:  Hello You
  • Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
  • Designer Series Papers:  Love Letters, Newsprint
  • Clasic Ink:  Basic Black
  • Accessories:  Cutter Kit, Linen Thread, Neutrals Buttons and Glimmer Brads, Big Shot Machine, Timeless Trim Die, Extended Cutting Plates, Mini Glue Dots

Visit my online stampin’ up! store to shop for Christmas and Holiday Gifts for family and friends… and have them delivered right to your door.. or theirs!

See you tomorrow with another Design Team Card Share!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

nana_cindy42 said...

Different but I like it!!