Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Designs Simple Color Challenge

Looking for a quick and easy color challenge?  This week’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team may be just what you’re looking for.  DCBD204 is a very simple three color challenge.  As with all color challenges, you are encouraged to use all the colors shown, plus one neutral cardstock or color (Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Basic Black.. you get the picture!)  This week’s challenge colors are Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink, and Early Espresso, aka pink, purple, and brown.  DCBD 204

So, What comes to mind when you look at these colors?  Ice Cream?  Chocolate?  Little girls?  Sometimes when I look at a color challenge, I am fortunate enough to have an idea pop right into my head… sometimes I even put my hand on the right stamp set first try… and that’s what actually happened for this week’s Diva challenge.. LOL, a rare occasion, but fun when it does occur!

What popped into my head?  The name Pretty in Pink says it all… little girls, babies… the Baby Bundle Stamp Set... and a little bling…perfect!  Here’s my card:

DCBD204_slf

The images on this card were stamped on Watercolor Paper… I don’t happen to own an early espresso Craft Ink Pad, so chose the alternate embossing method:  Classic Ink and Versamark! 

  • After preheating my heat tool, I dusted the entire surface of watercolor paper with an embossing buddy… this prevents embossing powder from sticking in places you really don’t want it.
  • The image was first inked with Versamark ink, and then immediately with Early Espresso Classic Ink.
  • Stamped the image onto watercolor paper…
  • and then sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder.
  • After shaking off excess powder, the pre-heated heat tool was used to emboss the images.

Embossing completed, the image was ready to paint using ink from the lid of my classic ink pads and an aqua painter, working from the outside, in.  I purposefully left a little lighter or white area around the heart and crossbar on the buggy to make it pop a bit more.

The wheels were colored with a stampin’ write marker, as were the darker pink images on the buggy.  I had to sneak a little more color into the picture, adding a shadow of bashful blue around the buggy image.. just to make it pop out a bit more.  A sponge dauber was used to add color along all the white edges of cardstock.

Love the double loop bow… which I tie on my fingers.  I happened to see a post somewhere earlier this week where a lady tied a triple loop bow on the tines of a fork… I’m going to have to give that a try!

After all the coloring was done and the image was completely dry, bling was added to various points on the image… basic Rhinestone Jewels are so fun to use!

Hope you liked today’s DCBD 204 Color Challenge!  Check out the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Blog … we’d love to have you play along with us this week!

Tomorrow is the American Thanksgiving Holiday… hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with laughter, family, and friends!  Gosh, and Christmas is right around the corner… time to mail out those handmade Christmas Cards!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Beautiful color combo and exceptional bow.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

TrishG said...

This is beautiful! I love the texture! Great baby card!!

jmniffer said...

I forget about using my classic ink pad with versa mark for embossing. Thanks for jogging my memory. Great baby card.
jmniffer at comcast dot net