Tuesday, November 2, 2010

DCBD201 Design Team Sketch Challenge

 

Isn’t this fun?  It’s the sketch for the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team challenge this week!  I just love layers on my cards… and most of my customers do too!  For this week’s challenge, I decided to use the “A Wish for Peace” Stamp set… and a little twist.. A Gamasol and Watercolor Pencil technique!dcbd201sm

 

Changing the orientation of the card… I also added a little Waffle Paper Ruffle around the focal image, and a little tinsel trim just for fun!

 DCBD201_SharonField

The church was colored using the gamasol/pencil technique and then outlined with a white gel pen to make it pop.  After coloring the trees with just about every green pencil in my tin, I decided to add a little blue undertones… reminds me of Blue Spruce Trees on a cold winter night!  I got just a little carried away with the white gel pen snow… some of them look more like check marks LOL… but that’s ok, no two snowflakes are alike either!

Stamps and Supplies used for today’s DCBD201 Card Share:

Stamps:  A Wish For Peace

Cardstock:  Basic Black, Brushed Silver, Whisper White

Craft Ink:  Whisper White

Big Shot Machine and supplies:  Frame, Oval Scallop Die, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder

Accessories:  Watercolor Pencils, White Gel Pen, Tinsel, Silver Waffle Paper

 

Hope you enjoyed this early morning card share, and will join the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team this week for the sketch challenge!  Simply upload your sketch based project (card, scrapbook page, ATC) to an online gallery (Photobucket, Flickr, Splitcoast Stampers, etc.… and then visit the design team blog link (1st sentence) to add your creation.  You could win a fabulous little button for your blog too!

Stay tuned, in just a few hours, the SUDSOL Blog Tour will begin too.. isn’t that fun?

Hugs,

NRP - Clue 5

Sharon

 

 

Pin It!

5 comments:

nana_cindy42 said...

Impressive card!!

Dorothy said...

You are so funny!!! Every green in your tin... check mark snowflakes... bwahahahahaha Anyway, it's gorgeous. As usual!!! :)

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Beautiful Sharon! I just love our pokey dot folder!

Ola said...

Your trees turned out gorgeous!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Love that you used just a portionof the stamp image and not the usual one either. Great technique and I love the trimmed waffle paper frame. Had me singing Silent Night while I read your post! LOL!

Hugs from cold and rainy Oregon -
Jean Fitch
jlfstudio at live.com