Monday, November 15, 2010

DCBD 207–A Christmas Card With Bells and Bow!

It’s another week with the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!  Today’s challenge is sketch based… and I’ve made a special Christmas Card featuring the Bells and Boughs Stamp Set.  Hope you like it!

Here’s the Design Team Sketch for DCBD 207:

dcbd207

LOL… when I sketched this out for my stamp room table, I must not have included the greeting… it seems I’ve added a bow to the card where the greeting was supposed to go… hope they don’t fire me!  Here’s my Christmas Card for DCBD207:

DCBD207_Sharon_field

Isn’t the brushed gold cardstock stunning?  It really does shimmer and shine just like in the photo!  I colored the Bells with my Stampin’ Write Markers in River Rock, Always Artichoke, and Real Red before punching them out with a 1 3/4” circle punch.  It was a tight fit, and clipped the bow off a little bit.. but it looks ok I think!

I didn’t have a scallop circle punch that measured 2” so I just used my Stampin’ Up! Scallop Circle Punch and punched the Cherry Cobbler Cardstock twice.  After punching, I cut approximately 3/8” wide strip of just the scallop edge, and snipped almost to the V between the scallops… It took one full scallop circle punch and 4 extra scallops to go around bells, and I attached it with mini glue dots.

Here’s a close up…

PB280492

When I first got the Bells and Boughs stamp set, I couldn’t figure out how to color the bells… More Mustard just wasn’t the right shade of gold I was looking for.  After seeing a card shared by Ilina Crouse, I realized I was using the wrong color for my bells!  Switching to River Rock made a world of difference!  I’ve mentioned Ilina before… she’s the one who came up with that fabulous double loop bow tying technique!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s DCBD207 Sketch Challenge:

  • Stamps:  Bells & Boughs
  • Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold
  • Classic Ink:  Early Espresso
  • Stampin’ Write Markers:  Always Artichoke, River Rock, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler
  • Designer Series Paper:  Deck the Halls
  • Accessories: Scallop Circle and 1 3/4” Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Regals Buttons, Linen Thread, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding

See you tomorrow with another Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Share… 

Hugs,

Sharon

Visit My Online Stampin’ Up! Store

 

Pin It!

2 comments:

for2nately said...

Very festive! TFS!
Elizabeth

nana_cindy42 said...

I really like this one, too! I love the layout, the papers, the buttons 'n bow - in a word: Everything!