Thursday, November 4, 2010

Creative Sketches CS05 Silhouette Sentiments

Good Thursday Morning to All!  Today is the fifth installment of the Creative Sketches Design Team Challenges!  I hope you’ll play along this week.. with our very simple and elegant sketch, it’s really quite easy to create a card and participate in the sketch challenge this week!

Today’s sketch…

cs05

 

I guess I rearranged it a little bit LOL… but that’s the fun thing about sketches, it’s merely a suggestion to help jump start your creativity!  The primary idea is to keep all the elements of the card in place, and add more layers or elements to make it your very own!

Today’s card features the Silhouette Sentiments Hostess Level 1 Stamp Set… Hostesses earn this stamp set simply by collecting $150.00 in workshop or catalog party orders!  I love the tiny bird on the branch image in this set, as well as the delicate floral images and tiny sentiments.  Oh, and today I dusted off my brayer… and added the brayer technique to my card as well!

CS05_slf

 

First, I used a brayer to add color to a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock:  one layer of Marina Mist Classic Ink, and two layers of  Bashful Blue Classic Ink.  The Bird and Branch Image was then inked with Stampin’ Write Markers (Old Olive, Concord Crush) and then stamped onto the Brayer Colored cardstock.  The image was aligned and punched with a 1 3/8” circle punch and then a sponge dauber and Concord Crush Classic ink were added around the edges of the punched out image.  Quick, Fresh, Fun, Clean and Simple… and a card is born!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s CS05 Creative Sketches Challenge Card:

Stamps:  Silhouette Sentiments, Occasional Quotes

Cardstock:  Concord Crush, Whisper White, Old Olive

Classic Ink:  Concord Crush, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue

Stampin’ Write Markers:  Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Concord Crush

Accessories:  Big Shot Machine, Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, Silver Brads, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals

Hope you’ll play along this week with the Creative Sketches Design Team… simply make a card or project using today’s CS05 sketch, and upload to your online photo gallery (Flickr, Photo bucket, Splitcoast stampers, etc.) and then visit the Creative Sketches Design Team Blog to add your image url!  I’m looking forward to seeing your sketches!

I’m busy prepping for this weekend’s Annual Christmas Showcase Event at the Neptune Beach Seniors Center… featuring local crafters, this will be the 26th year of the event. I’ll be selling hand made items as well, hope you’ll stop by to say hi!  The show starts Friday and continues through Sunday at 2pm.  I’ve had a sneak peek of some of the wonderful designs and crafty items the team has been constructing… you won’t be disappointed!

Here’s the final clue for the Name the Pathways Contest of the Royal Blog Tour Hope you are playing along… I’ve posted a new clue daily… so all six clues are here on Created By You!

NRP - Clue 6

Hugs,

Sharon

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pin It!

3 comments:

Adriana Benitez said...

Beautiful brayer work - love the "sky" behind the bird.

Ola said...

Your brayer work is gorgeous, and I love that embossing!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Joyce Spear said...

I love the colors on this project! To be honest, I'm totally lost with this year's In Colors -- and I find myself mentally trying to avoid them. Turns out I really dig the Concord Crush and Old Olive together, especially with some blues thrown in. Thanks for the insight!
Smiles,
Joyce Spear
stamperjoyce at gmail dot com