Thursday, November 25, 2010

Creative Sketches Christmas Card… and Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours… hope this holiday finds you safe, warm, and with friends and/or family!  Although it is almost an American tradition, I plan NOT to over-eat… and enjoy the time I spend with my family and close friends!

Today’s Creative Sketches Card Challenge is all wrapped up like a gift… with a whole lot of bling too!  CS08 was such a simple sketch design, I just had to pull out the bling! I hope you’ll play along with the Creative Sketches Design Team this week!  This week we have a sketch, and a theme:  Holiday!  Here is the sketch, created by my blogging friend Tee Thompson of Green Isles Crafts:

CS08-Holiday-Nov-25,-2010

And here’s my bling card… perfect for a gift card presentation!  Lots of bling and rhinestones here!  I took my bling cue from the sparkly candy lane designer paper… from Stampin Up!  Not a whole lot of stamping here, but definitely a whole lot of bling!  I hope you like it!

CS08_Slf

The rhinestones Jewel Basics are packed in a straight line, and individually.. so all I had to do was pull off a line of rhinestones and position them perfectly along the ribbon and cardstock to frame the bling card ‘package’.  The photo doesn’t really show it well, but there are also teeny tiny rhinestones on the Do not open tag… 7 all together!  I really love the assortment of rhinestones on the layered snowflake punch… and adding a second whisper white snowflake behind the blinged up baja breeze snowflake added a little more depth and dimension to the simple card design.

Stamps and Supplies Used in today’s Card Share:

Stamps:  Winter Post

Cardstock:  Real Red, Whisper White, Baja Breeze

Classic Ink:  Real Red

Designer Series Paper:  Candy Lane (from the Holiday Mini Catalog)

Accessories:  Designer Label and Snowflake Punches, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals, red narrow Taffeta and 5/8” satin Whisper White Ribbon

I’ve finally recovered from a terrible case of the flu (thanks a bunch Fran!!!)  And after two weeks of staying close to home… and a cancelled one of my Senior Stamping Sessions last week, I’m booking workshops, craft shows, and luncheons!  I’ve got a lot coming up, so If you’d like to host a workshop please call and get on my schedule early, I’m already booking for Sale-A-Bration Workshops!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh I love bling! So sparkly! Great Card. #271 following from Stampin Connection.

Beate said...

Wonderful card, Sharon! Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs and smiles

jmniffer said...

I like the two layer snowflake. I never think of doing it with different colors. Thanks for sharing.
jmniffer at comcast dot net