Sunday, November 28, 2010

Are you Ready for Cyber Monday? Elegant Card Share…

Are you all shopped out or just warming up for Cyber Monday?  I have to confess… I did actually go to a couple stores on Black Friday and after two small purchases, I returned to the safety and sanity of my home sweet home!  Well, tomorrow is Cyber Monday and although I’d like to say I’ll be shopping online, I probably won’t be… mostly because I have NO Clue what to get my DH, DD and others for Christmas!  So… I will be here at home preparing for a craft show and luncheon on Thursday, and of course taking photos to share with all of you for future blog posts as well!

If you happen to be a Cyber Monday shopper, be sure to check out my online Stampin’ Up! Store… I’m sure there will be some fabulous deals you won’t want to pass up.  Still stumped?  Consider a Stampin’ Up! Gift Certificate for those crafty friends and family members.  Gift Certificated ordered directly through me will come with a special handmade Christmas Card too!  Use the Contact Me form at the top of the page (or just click the link I just gave you) Smile  I personally know several people who are hoping Santa will bring them a Big Shot Machine and/or Dies!

Today’s card share if a fun layered Black, Vanilla, and Cherry Cobbler Card.  I recently shared this with a couple of my customers and received a LOT of oohs and ahh’s… so hope you like it as well!

Merry& Bright

I just love this color combination… it was pretty tricky punching the bird on the branch punch upside down and guesstimating where I might land on the poinsettia in the Designer Series Paper Smile I really wanted the Cherry Cobbler print to resemble bird feathers and face to the right, so that necessitated punching upside down.. LOL  Oh, the challenges I present myself!

Black Flourish Designer Jewels Crystals were added for the bird’s eye, and on the greeting.  I also punched out an extra wing which I popped up with a Stampin’ Dimensional to add a little depth.  LOVE the newsprint Designer Series Paper… thought the musical notes and a songbird were appropriately matched on this card too. 

I know you’re going to ask… The Black Designer Jewel Crystals have really been overlooked by many and may be found in the Holiday Mini Catalog on page 8 in the top right corner.  I used paper snips to cut apart the jewels and then perfectly place them where needed on my card.  Of course, Black Brads would work as well.. but I thought the Crystals really added a little pizzazz to the musical card.

The background behind the bird is stamped using the Christmas Collage Stamp on Very Vanilla Cardstock.  At first I thought I would color it in, but after placing the bird on it, decided it was better to leave it as a stand alone background for my bird.  Another Holiday Mini Catalog item, Christmas Collage may be found on page 20 and is a large format background stamp… what you see on my card is a small, isolated portion from the stamp.

Stamps and Supplies used on today’s Christmas Song Bird Card Share:

  • Stamps:  Bright Christmas, Christmas Collage
  • Classic Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black
  • Paper:  Very Vanilla, Old Olive and Basic Black Cardstock, Deck the Halls and Newsprint Designer Series Papers
  • Accessories:  Extra Large Bird on Branch Punch, Black Flourish Designer Jewels, paper snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding

I almost forgot to mention:  there are just two more days remaining to sign up with Stampin’ Up! at just $87.50… it’s quite a deal and a great way to start your business your way.  Visit my online Stampin’ up Site, Click the Join Now Button and then enter the password StampTeam to join today!

Have a great day, don’t forget to come back for Cyber Monday!  You can also give me a call if you need help with your holiday shopping!

Hugs,

Sharon

Visit My Online Stampin’ Up! Store Today!

Pin It!

5 comments:

for2nately said...

Beautiful! TFS!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Sandi said...

This is very beautiful Sharon!! I'm going to try it.
Hugs,
Sandi Dailey
gdailey@concentric.net

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thank you for sharing all this information

Lis S in F

nana_cindy42 said...

Oh! I really LOVE this card!!! It's gorgeous! I need to make this one!
nana_cindy42(at)hotmail(dot)com

Betty said...

LOVE how the bird turned out!!! Beautiful card :)