Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You’re Birthday, it’s in the bag! UDI #4 Color Challenge

This week’s UDI#4 Color challenge was so very easy for me… perhaps because I love all these beautiful colors of cardstock, paper, and designer series paper!  Today’s Utah Divas International Color Inspiration Challenge used the following colors:  More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Pear Pizzazz, and Basic Black.  Even the color inspiration photo is pretty… what could possibly go wrong?  I can’t wait to see what the rest of the design team does with this week’s colors… they’re so perfect!UDI#4

Well, this time nothing went wrong… and the photo was inspiration enough to quickly create this cute little birthday card!  As I’ve mentioned before, I really and truly am enjoying the new Timeless Trim Big Shot XL Die from the Holiday Mini Catalog!  Just a little trim goes so far… and look, no ribbon!!  (You know who you are… the handful of people out there who hate to put ribbon on cards… LOL, it’s not me!)

UDI4SharonField

The polka dotted DSP used as background for this card is from the Love Letters Designer Series Paper Pack.  It already had that warmly worn, almost sponged appearance… so I added a bit more by sponging More Mustard along the edges of the polka dot paper.

Stampin’ write markers in coordinating UDI #4 Challenge colors were used to softly outline and color the birthday bag, as well as connecting the pierced faux stitches surrounding the primary image before sponging the edges with More Mustard Classic Ink. 

I love adding buttons to projects, but don’t always want to take the time to thread them with linen thread… AND… sometimes, linen thread just doesn’t match my project… or give it enough of that WOW factor.  SO… I simply add color coordinated brads to the centers of my buttons.  In the card above, I also added a small punched circle of Basic Black Cardstock behind the button to make it stand out (but not up) a bit more on my card.  The buttons were attached with two Mini Glue Dots.  I didn’t want them to ‘go’ anywhere or move/slip from the card… better safe than sorry!

Hope you enjoyed today’s UDI #4 Color Challenge card, and hope you’ll play along with the Color Challenge Design Team this week at Utah Divas International… All you have to do is upload your color challenge card to an online gallery (splitcoaststampers, photobucket, flickr, etc) or blog and then >> Click Here << to use the InLinkz tool at the bottom of the post and add your entry!  Plus, you’ll get to see all the Design Team entries in one stop at the Utah Divas International Blog!

Stamps and Supplies Used in today’s Utah Divas International Color Inspiration Challenge:

Stamps:  Birthday Bakery

Cardstock:  More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Pear Pizzaz, Basic Black, Very Vanilla

Designer Series Paper:  Love Letters

Classic Inks:  Basic Black, More Mustard

Big Shot Machine & Accessories:  Timeless Trim Bigz XL Die

Other Accessories:  Regals Designer Buttons, Neutrals Brads, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Stampin’ Write Markers, Mini Glue Dots, 1/2” Circle and Spiral Border Punch, Stampin’ Sponge, Cutter Kit

Tomorrow I’ll bring you another edition of Diva Coffee Break Designs… I wonder what I’ll be doing for that???

Hope you’ll stop back by and leave a quick hello!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

 

 

 

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Awesome!!!

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Wow I just love how this card looks. Love your layout and color combos. Great job.

AnnMarie said...

Great card! Following along from VA!