Sunday, October 31, 2010

Super Cute Snowman.. Card for Seniors!

I haven’t shown you any of my Cards for Seniors of late, so today I will!  I try to keep the cards for Seniors very simple, and often, to facilitate the success of these classes, will pre-punch shapes and pre-tie ribbons and bows.  My Senior Card making sessions generally last about an hour… unless we sit around and chat afterwards (which happens a LOT!!)  I really enjoy the senior sessions, and the friendships I have made!

This first card is an aerial view of a snowman, and is made completely with punches.  Inspired by a round card of simpler design and contributed by Heidi Van Laar in the Paper Crafts Holiday Cards & More Vol.5 Issue.  I don’t subscribe to many magazines, I simply don’t have time to sit and stare at the beautiful glossy pages and layouts LOL!!  But this is one of two which caught my eye last month.  If you’re looking for holiday Card Making ideas, it’s definitely worth the investment!  Enough said… here’s my Super Cute Snowman Card for Seniors!

Seniors_OctSnowman

Isn’t it fun?  Heidi’s card was a big, round snowman with an aerial view… I scaled him down a bit and put him on a card!  The ladies at the Senior Card Making Club just LOVED him! 

  • Snowflakes borrowed from the Serene Snowflakes Stamp Set were added to Crumb Cake Cardstock/Card Base using Whisper White Craft Ink… and set aside to dry. 
  • The Merry Christmas Greeting was stamped with Night Of Navy Classic Ink, low and near the right edge of a Whisper White Cardstock strip, before tearing the edge.  The torn paper edge was very easy to do, and I reminded them to tear curves into the paper so they would not have too many peaks and points. 
  • A sponge dauber was used to apply Baja Breeze Classic ink to all Naturals White Cardstock Snowman Layers, and the edges of the snow bank, which was then attached to the Crumb Cake Card Base.
  • To make it easier, I created a template for placement of the snowman’s eyes… and marked it “template”.. this made it easy to align and punch the eyes exactly where they needed to be.  A sliver of pumpkin pie cardstock was used to the nose, and attached to the face with tombow multi adhesive before drawing in the dots (stones) for the pumpkin smile.
  • Two Snowflake Punch stems were trimmed to remove excess branches, and glued to the snowman’s body… NOT his neck LOL…
  • A knot of retired Striped Ribbon was frayed and attached just under the snowman’s neck with mini glue dots.

Are you counting the days until the next installment of the Royal Blog Tour?  I am!! I’ve got my projects all made, and with something for everyone… Clean and Simple, layers, and more.  The Royal Blog Tour begins next weekend… Hope you’ll stop by and visit my castle and princesses!  They’ve been working hard to get everything polished and ready for your visit!

NRP - Clue 1

NRP - Clue 2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

See you tomorrow with another fun card share!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

13 comments:

Carol said...

I LOVE the aerial view effect! Thanks for sharing!!

Rose said...

I love your snowman, Sharon! Very cute!!!

Peggy said...

Love it, Sharon!! Had to laugh - once a while ago I saw a stamp with a similar image in a craft store. I thought I could mimic it with my goodies so i took a picture on my phone but never got around to working it up - now you have done it for me. I will be using your idea in my January stampin sessions. thanks....again!!
Peggy
http://stampinpegcadillo.blogspot.com

Suzi said...

LOVE this card!! So cute & different!!!

lisa808 said...

Super cute card. Reminds me of a melting snowman. I'm counting the days to the RBT.

nana_cindy42 said...

Oh, I love this little snowman!! So adorable and clever!!!

Marsha E said...

What a neat card - got to case this one!! Thanks for sharing!

Ilene B. said...

Adorable snowman! I love him!

Anonymous said...

Your snowman is too cute!! Would you mind sharing which circle punch sizes that you used? I'm thinking his head is SU's 1 3/8" circle punch?

Thanks so much!
Jeanie

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Super cute is right and super easy too. Love the overhead shot. Just like the little guy is staring up at the stars or the latest astronomical phenomenon. On the other hand a friend said she thought he was getting ready for a roll down the hill! Either way I love the different perspective.

Snow is on the hills here in Oregon but not yet by my front door. Jean Fitch
jlfstudio at live.com

P.S. Wow a real word for my verification = Wives

Computer must have seen the movie sitting on my desk - mini series Wives & Daughters!

Bonnie S said...

I love your little snowman! Thanks so much for sharing.
God bless,
Bonnie S
stampin-ak at gci dot net

Nancy S said...

I absolutely LOVE this card. (saw it on SCS) Thank you so much for posting.

Nancy
(smithr66 on SCS)

Anonymous said...

Wow.. this has been Case'd like crazy: http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c09ea53ef0133f5bcf1d9970b - Dawn Griffith
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8353371f369e20133f59b1c7f970b -- Roxy
And Renee! http://reneevs.blogspot.com/2010/11/noel.html