Friday, October 29, 2010

Subtle Shades of Espresso: Sketch Frenzy Friday Sff102910 Share

Welcome again to Sketch Frenzy Friday!  Today’s sketch was created by Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Member Kim Innis!  When I first saw this sketch, my mind immediately went to a Christmas package…. then I thought, well… you’re probably tired of seeing Christmas cards on my blog… and opted to create something non-holiday after all!

sff102910KathleenInnis

The focal image on the design was crying out for background, background, and more background… so I opted to use my Acrylic Block Stamping Technique, one which a lot of you seem to be using lately!  I’ve actually had a lot of questions about this technique… and here’s a tip:  if you’re not getting as strong an image as you’d like when stamping with your acrylic blocks, simply place a sheet of fun foam (the stuff in the kids department at the craft stores) UNDER your grid paper and cardstock!  If you’re stamping on a very hard surface, it can be difficult to get a good crisp block stamped image!

Here’s my card for the Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge:

SFF102910_Slf

I think it would make a fabulous masculine card too, don’t you?  The background of the focal image was stamped with River Rock Classic Ink on a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock.  Crumb Cake Classic Ink and the A to Z stamp was then used to stamp the next background layer, and finally the silhouette flower image from the Upsy Daisy Stamp Set was inked and stamped with Early Espresso Classic Ink.  I LOVE Early Espresso, it’s such a deep rich brown color… I love it so much that I rarely use Chocolate Chip any more!

I guess I did sneak in a little Christmas on this card…. both patterned papers used on this card are from the Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper Pack… see, it’s not just for Christmas!

The wide scallop border edge is one of four patterns on the Timeless Trim Big Shot Die… I’m finding this die very useful.. have you ordered yours yet?

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Share

Stamps:  Upsy Daisy, Teeny Tiny Wishes, A to Z

Classic Ink:  River Rock, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso

Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake

Designer Series Paper:  Deck the Halls

Big Shot Machine and Timeless Trim Die

Accessories:  Modern Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Very Vanilla 5/8” satin ribbon, Silver Brads, Sponge Dauber, Acrylic Block, piercing tool, grid paper, fun foam

Come play along with the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Blog… upload your sketch based card to your personal blog, an online gallery (Flickr, Photobucket, etc.) or Splitcoast Stampers and then visit the team blog to upload your creation.  Be sure to visit all the team member blogs!  The next blog on the mini Blog Hop is the talented Tammy Baldwin.  Be sure to leave her a sweet comment!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

 

Pin It!

6 comments:

Creative Apple Scrampers said...

I love this card!
Tammy
www.creativeapplescrampers.blogspot.com

Patti said...

This card is classy especially using the colors you did.

lisa808 said...

Very striking card! I'm typically not a brown person, but I love it. Definitely would be a good masculine card.

Wonderfully Made! said...

Espresso is one of my favorite colors! (drink too)!!
Following from SC!!

Shari Winterstein said...

I Love this card! I just got my order from UPS yesterday and my new Early Espresso satin ribbon is in it - LOVE IT! It would look great on this card as well. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Kitty A. said...

This card is beautiful and amazing. Can't wait to make one for myself!
kit_marie09 at yahoo dot com