Monday, October 4, 2010

Sharing more Fall Cards… and a punchy little owl too!

Two more Fall themed cards today… hopefully fulfilling the online and local demand and need for fall themed cards… LOL  I hear Monica saying “That just can’t happen!”  My Stamp Clubs and mini clubs will be doing fall cards during the next two weeks, so I had to complete a stash of designs ready to stamp, and roll :) 

This first could be changed up to fit a Fall birthday, or Happy Thanksgiving* card simply by changing the Teeny Tiny Wishes greeting… and omitting stamping the carved pumpkin face image.  The Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set has greetings for just about every occasion, all of which fit within the large oval punch(and some in the small oval punch too).  The greetings are small, and a very versatile must have for a stamper or stamp collection.  (*Some of my customers and friends are not so crazy about Halloween, so I try to make my cards more versatile to fit their life styles and needs in stamp events, workshops and camps.)

The stamped old olive background of this card is the image from the Wonderfully Worn large format background stamp.  I don’t know why it took me so long to ink up this stamp… it’s actually quite fabulous,  and almost create texture on an otherwise flat surface! 

Fall_seniors_cbyu_pumpkin

Do you create cards with just the stamps in the boxed set?  I do sometimes, but often start looking around in the boxes and shelves for other images that will compliment whatever I’ve developed in my mind… so the card (above) actually uses 5 images from 4 different stamp sets… Season Of Friendship, Autumn Days, Baroque Motifs, and Wonderfully Worn!

Have you seen the new Owl Punch from Stampin’ Up?  It’s really quite a hoot… (no pun intended).  I saw this “witch owl” on one of my yahoo groups, and couldn’t help but make one myself… I see he’s got one eye on you, and one on the moon…  the little google eyes must have gotten stuck.

srnept929slf2stepowl

Of course, the owl punch makes a fabulous and fun little owl… but if you want to see what else you could possibly do with it, stretching beyond your imagination and wildest dreams, please visit my demo friend Ellen Kemper’s Blog and this OWL Thread… you’ll be absolutely amazed and astonished!

Psst… the two step owl punch was so popular when the new Idea Book & Catalog came out earlier this summer, that it went on backorder almost immediately!  I’m happy to report it is no longer on back order, and you can order your Owl Punch in My Online Stampin Up Store Item #118074.

Stamps, Cardstock and Supplies used for today’s Fall Card Shares:

Pumpkin Card:

Stamps:  Wonderfully Worn, Autumn Days, Baroque Motifs, Season of Friendship, Teeny Tiny Wishes

Cardstock:  So Saffron, Old Olive, More Mustard, Very Vanilla

Classic Inks:  Old Olive, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze

Accessories:  Twill Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Large Oval Punch, Sponge Dauber, Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker, Paper Snips.

Owl Card:

Stamps:  All Holidays, Season of Friendship

Cardstock:  So Saffron, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Concord Crush

Classic Inks: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake

Designer Series Paper:  Retired scraps

Big Shot Machine and Accessories:  Lattice Textured Embossing Folder

Punches:  2 Step Owl Punch Extra Large Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, 1 3/4” circle, Modern Label Extra Large Punch, Small Oval Punch, 2 Step Bird Extra Large Punch

Additional Supplies/Accessories:  Sponge Dauber, Stampin Dimensionals, Basic Jewels Rhinestone

See you tomorrow with another UDI color challenge card… I think you’re going to be delightfully pleased with what the team has to share this week!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

5 comments:

Ellen Kemper said...

Thanks for the blog plug (big grin)

I love the way you used baroque motifs on this card - Miss "Ever Clever" Sharon!

Teressa Thompson said...

I always love how you combine stamps to make something more. Yes, like you were talking about with the multiple sets, but also layering. So cool!

lisa808 said...

Yes, I mix stamps from different sets too.

Two fab Fall/Halloween cards. Your witchy owl is definitely a hoot!

nana_cindy42 said...

I made these 2 WONDERFUL cards thanks to Sharon in her class at the Neptune Bch Senior Ctr. I adore them, esp the owl!!!

jimlynn said...

Both are just fantastic!!!! Love them.
Lynn