Monday, October 11, 2010

Oh this is fun! Friends 24/7 Wow!… for Christmas!

LOL… will you recognize the image on this card?  While trying to come up with a fun card for a recent stamp camp, I decided to look at some of my favorite stamp images a little differently… and came across the Friends 24/7 stamp set.  I’ve used this stamp set quite a bit.. and this image in particular has often been a favorite background for some of my hand stamped cards. For instance, I used the Friends 24/7 stamped image in a Christmas Scrapbook page… it’s in the journaling block at the bottom/center of the photo below:

unf_and_seniors_samples 013[9]

I’ve used it to decorate the inside of a card…. friends 24/7 stamped image shown along the right edge…

And now, from a new perspective, we have a Christmas Tree, complete with tinsel trim!

friendship2_Christmas_BlkBkgd

The image was stamped with versamark ink on Brushed Silver Cardstock… upside down!  Doesn’t it look like an old Victorian Christmas Tree?  I just had to add a Basic Jewel Rhinestone to the top.. contemplated adding more, but sometimes less is more… so settled on just one.

The tinsel trim… I’m liking it much more than I ever expected!!  It’s in the Holiday Mini Catalog… and when I first saw it I thought, yeah… tinsel.. ok… but… Then I saw it in person.. the tinsel trim is on a wire base… so you can wrap it around brads and buttons.  You can thread buttons, you can weave designs with it… so much more than wimpy tinsel trim you find in a dollar store!  The card above has two layers of intertwined tinsel trim… I just wanted it a little more fluffy.

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Friends 24/7 Christmas Card Share:

Stamps:  Friends 24/7, Contempo Christmas (greeting)

Ink:  Versamark

Cardstock:  Brushed Silver, Whisper White

Big Shot Machine and Accessories:  Perfect Polkadots Textured Embossing Folder

Punches:  Extra Large Decorative Label Punch, Ticket Corner Punch

Embossing Tools / Equipment:  Powder Pal, Embossing Tray, Heat Tool, Silver Embossing Folder

Accessories:  Tinsel Trim, Basic Jewels Rhinestones

These supplies and more are all available in my online Stampin Up Store … See you tomorrow with more card shares and ideas for your rubber stamping hobby and pleasure!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

9 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very neat idea and pretty cards!

Heidi Baks said...

The silver one is really beautiful!

Donna said...

Sharon, your cards always inspire and make me smile! Always something new and surprising! These are great cards. The use of the images is wonderful!

Tinkerin In Ink said...

So elegant! How clever of you to make that image into a tree?!

Yapha said...

So clever!! Just makes that set even more versatile!

Teressa Thompson said...

That's a big WOW! Love that christmas tree idea. I totally see a tree in that stamp now!

nana_cindy42 said...

How differently the same stamp can look with different ideas! All so nice. I made one of the silver ones & love it! Thanks, Sharon! Woo Hoo! Tomorrow is the 2nd Wed. of the month! I look forward to this day & class!!!!

Dorothy said...

Oh my gosh! The silver one is exquisite! Love it!!!

Renee Ondrajka said...

Absolutely beautiful!