Friday, October 22, 2010

More Heavy Metal… Sketch Frenzy Friday SFF101510

I am still playing around with the heavy metal this week, aka Aluminum Flashing!  I call it Heavy Metal, but it really is quite lightweight!  I purchased the Aluminum Flashing to make Christmas and Holiday Gifts… but it seems to have migrated to my cards as well LOL!

Today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Design was one I designed using scraps on my stampin’ Table… Although I usually draw them in My Digital Studio, the day I designed this sketch, it just came together before my eyes… so I thought, why not use it!  Here is my SFF101510 Challenge Sketch… hope you’ll play along!

sketchOCTSharonField

I suppose you would probably known I came up with this sketch, even if I hadn’t told you… I love layers, and this one sketch design is loaded with them!  Here is my card, as you can see, I’m still playing around with heavy metal!

sff1015_slf

Isn’t it fun?  I chose a Basic Black and Very Vanilla theme because I couldn’t quite get past the colors in the sketch!  So when in doubt, seek out the classics!  The Aluminum Flashing background on this card is embossed with the Big Shot Machine and Vintage Textured Embossing Folder… Isn’t it fun?  The Big Shot Machine and Ovals Die were also used to cut out the background Basic Black Oval for the greeting.  I chose this greeting because my DH’s birthday is in just a few weeks, so now I’m ready with a fabulous hand made card just for him!

Don’t you just love Glimmer Brads?  The silver one on my card just sparkles beautifully like a small boutonniere on a Black Tuxedo!  I love teaching people how to tie the Double Loop Bow like the one on this card, they get so excited when they see just how simple it is to do… and no special or expensive bow maker equipment is need either!  Hey… if you book workshop this month, I’ll teach you and your friends how to tie this fabulous bow… Deal??

Stamps and Supplies Used for Todays’ Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge Card SFF101510

Stamps:

  • All Holidays

Cardstock and Designer Series Paper:

  • Basic Black
  • Very Vanilla
  • Love Letter Designer Series Paper

Classic Ink:

  • Basic Black

Big Shot Machine and Accessories:

  • Ovals Die
  • Vintage Textured Embossing Folder

Additional Accessories:

  • 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon
  • Glimmer Brad Basics
  • Sticky Red Tape
  • Snail Adhesive
  • Mini Glue Dots
  • Boho Blossoms Extra Large Punch
  • Stampin’ Dimensionals
  • Aluminum Flashing
  • Craft and Rubber Scissors
  • Table Top Paper Cutter

Order supplies for todays’ Sketch Frenzy Friday card in my Online Stampin’ Up Store … and have them delivered right to your door!

Hope you will play along with the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team this week… simply upload your sketch based card or scrapbook page to your personal blog, online gallery, Splitcoast Stampers, or Stampin Connection and then visit the team Blog Sketch Frenzy Friday to add your creation with our linky tool at the bottom of today’s post!  I look forward to seeing your art!

Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team operates like a mini blog hop… so the next stop along the way is where you’ll see creative designs by design team member Tammy Baldwin… be sure to leave her a sweet comment!

See you tomorrow with a new Super Saturday Tutorial!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Your 'heavy metal' adds a nice touch to the card along with the pretty brad and bow.

Melinda said...

absolutely STUNNING! Awesome!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

both of these cards are wonderful, great details...have a fabulous weekend!

enjoy *~*