Monday, October 25, 2010

More from this weekend’s Christmas Gift-Ables Class

As promised, today I’m sharing more projects from Saturday’s Gift-Able class.  Everyone had so much fun making 5 gifts for friends, family, and co-workers.  With 5 projects in all, it was a very busy hands on event too Smile… Each of these projects were made with the Big Shot Machine and Dies from Stampin’ Up!

Here’s a wonderful gift box filled with four hand stamped cork tile coasters… ready to wrap!  The stamped image was done with Stazon permanent Jet Black Ink using the Day of Gratitude Stamp Set featured in the Holiday Mini Catalog from Stampin’ Up!


Here’s another view of the coaster project… as you can see, the Clear Window Sheet Lid fits snugly inside the box housing the Coasters.  Aren’t they fun?


This was a really quick WOW project… so bear with me as I show you just one more photo..


I purchased the coasters at a local hobby store 4 to a pack.  They had no backs on them, so purchased a little Fun Foam to back the coasters, and cut it using the Clear Circle Die and My Big Shot Machine.  After stamping the image (you have two chances to get the image done right Smile), the fun foam was then attached with a thin layer of Crystal Effects.  It helps to re-ink your Stazon pad and have it nice and moist when doing this project.  That Stazon Ink is pretty tough to clean from a stamp, so I used Stazon Cleaner and it’s now good as new!

This is another project we made… you’ve probably seen it before… but I’ve added a couple neat twists to the Aluminum Flashing Embossed Tea Light Luminary:



Here’s a side view… to give you a hint:


The Aluminum flashing was cut with the Big Shot Machine and the Flower Folds Bigz XL die, and then embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder.  It’s important to use the premium crease pad and a shim when using this die, otherwise the steel ruled die will cut all the way through the petals, severing them from the blossom base.. not pretty!

The Circles #2 die was used to cut Fun Foam from the smallest 2 circles of the die.. two of the smallest and one of the next largest circles.  The circles were then attached to the aluminum flashing with Mini Glue Dots  Beneath the candle, between the 1st and second blooms, and on the bottom of the Luminary.  The Fun Foam added a little depth and height, and also stabilized the base of the luminary… and it’s not going to slide off the table either!

Here’s one more project share… based on a Stampin’ Up! Convention Swap I received a couple years ago… Using the Medium Window Sheets and Pillow Box die with my Big Shot Machine.


Isn’t he cute?  I’ve used the wide oval punch for Rudolph’s Head, the snowflake punch for his antlers, and I have to confess, a little retired Riding Hood Red Yummy Ribbon for his collar.  The Glitter brad makes a dashing nose for Dasher, don’t you think?  The inside of the box contains sour cherry candies… unfortunately I couldn’t seem to locate any red-hot candies Sad smile.

We made one more project on Saturday too… but I honestly can’t remember what it was right now!!  I’ll have to share that at another time.  If you’re in the area, be sure to sign up for next Saturday’s Magnet Board/Pen/and Magnet class.. from yesterday’s post.. it’s a great gift for a co-worker, teacher or friend and I’m sure you won’t want to miss it!!




Pin It!


Teressa Thompson said...

Wow wow wow! I hope you had a full class and that you've recovered. This is amazing!

lisa808 said...

Rudolph's spares--too fun!!!

The coasters are a great gift idea as is the votive holder. Beautiful projects.