Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hola… It’s been one of those days!! UDI#5

Oh Gretchen… where DO you come up with these color challenges???  LOL… this one gave me a devil of a time!  Love the photo… had NO clue what to do for my card… so I made two for this week’s Utah Divas International Color Inspiration Challenge!  The cardstock and ink colors were great:  Pacific Point, Perfect Plumb, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, and Baja Breeze… but all together just would not happen in my head!!  I had to choose only one to send for Gretchen to post on the UDI Color Challenge blog… but you’ll get to see both, I’d love to know which one you like best!

UDI#5

This is the UDI Color Challenge card photo which I sent to Gretchen for her Utah Divas International post today… and it’s actually the first one I made… well, actually made into a card (there were several rejects this week :) 

UDI5SharonField

Somehow… I managed to get all those colors on one card… I think it was a personal miracle… can’t wait to see what the rest of the design team did this week LOL! 

The Medallion stamp was inked first with Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink, and then I used a sponge dauber to add Pacific Point Ink along the edges of the inked Medallion image before stamping onto the 4” x 5 1/4” Whisper White Cardstock base. 

I made a mask of the Medallion image and placed it on top of the stamped image before inking and stamping over the top En Francais with Baja Breeze Classic Ink.

After removing the mask, a medium size snowflake image from the Winter Post Stamp Set was inked with Pacific Point Classic Ink and stamped in the center of the medallion.  Most people would used a stamp-ma-jig tool for this step, but I just eyeballed it.

After layering a Baja Breeze button from the Candy Lane Bigz Designer Button with Glimmer Brights Brads (both featured items from the Holiday Mini Catalog), it was attached with 4 mini glue dots to the center of the medallion.  I could have pierced the cardstock and used the brads to attach the button configuration, but lining up to punch two holes just seemed a bit more difficult than attaching mini glue dots!

After sponging the edges of the Whisper White Cardstock with Certainly Celery ink, I tied a simple knot bow on my finger, and attached the Certainly Celery 5/8” Satin Ribbon to the stamped image with more mini glue dots.

Finishing up, the stamped and adorned image was attached to a Perfect Plum cardstock base… whew, finally fit it in there… all colors from the challenge:  CHECK!!

At this point, you’re probably wondering where is the other card, lady??? OR… why make another one???

Well, I really wanted to step it up a notch… the card was OK… but just OK… so I tried, I really did… Here’s my re-make, featuring much of the same elements: UDI5bSharonField

After cropping the image and turning 90 degrees, added to the original image:

  • Timeles Trim Bigz XL die:  Certainly Celery
  • Cardstock layers:  Pacific Point and Perfect Plum
  • Stamped the tree image and words from Una Dia en El Parque (aka Pendant Park) on a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock with Certainly Celery and Pacific Point Classic Inks.
  • Punched out the stamped image with the Extra Large Decorative Label Punch (Holiday Mini Catalog Page 25)
  • Inked along all edges the Whisper White Card Base and punch with Pacific Point Classic Ink and a sponge dauber.
  • Added polka dots to two Paper Daisies using a Perfect Plum Stampin’ Write Marker and attached to punched image with Tempting Turquoise brads from the Brights Brads package.
  • Popped up the greeting with stampin’ dimensionals*

So… which card do you like best? 

Check out all the UDI Color Inspiration Challenge Design Team submissions today on >>Utah Divas International… << Please come and play along with us too, I’d love to see your rendition of all these colors in one card!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

1 comment:

Teressa Thompson said...

Both of them are fabulous! LOL What a color combo... it's sure to inspire some interesting creations! LOL