Monday, October 18, 2010

A Fall Flip Flap Card.. Day of Gratitude and Autumn Spice

Are you familiar with the Confetti Cream Cardstock from Stampin’ Up?  It’s not flawed… there are intentional random bits of color scattered throughout the cardstock.  As shown in the photo below, one never knows where they will land… that is NOT an ink smudge near the focal image/leaf on the front panel… it’s part of the natural random flavor or ‘confetti’ in the cardstock!

This Flip Flap Card showcases both the Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper and Autumn Days Stamp Set from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  Taking the color cues from the Designer Series Paper, So Saffron, Old Olive and Cajun Craze compliment the Confetti Cream Cardstock.

fall_flap_Card1_cbyu

After stamping one of the leaf images from the Day of Gratitude Stamp Set, we used an aqua painter and ink from the lid of the Old Olive Classic Ink Pad to color in the leaf.  Here’s a view of the inside of the card… with the flap open.  You can see more of the character of the Confetti Cream Cardstock on the inside of the flap.

open_flipflapcardcbyu1

This card probably looks a bit familiar… its a CASE of one of the make ‘n takes from the Florida Stampcation Event I attended last month, and one I also shared with you HERE.

I decided to simplify the card and eliminate a few layers too… and came up with this pretty Thanksgiving Card design:

gratitudefancyfold4cluboct

Hmm… I still prefer the other card, what do you think?

Here’s another stampcation card CASE and re-make… check out the teeny tiny button brads on the greeting.. aren’t they cool?

 CluborSeniorsFallLeafCard

The card above uses the Autumn Spice DSP, Early Espresso and Naturals Ivory Cardstock.  The leaf was diecut using my Big Shot Machine and the Leaves #2 Die, and then popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.  Isn’t it fun?

We don’t often think of stamping on Designer Series Paper… but it can really add a little extra pop to the card, don’t you think?

The greeting was stamped on Autumn Spice DSP and then punched out with the Modern Label Punch… It’s a very easy tip to ensure your stamping is straight… stamp first on a scrap, and then align and punch it out…. but of course, you probably already do that!!

Tomorrow I’ll share another fun Color Challenge Card from the Utah Divas International Color Challenge Design Team… I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this card and enjoy your tutorials. Thank you for sharing. Is it possible to provide us with the dimension of the various layers. I would appreciate it. Thank you. Gale
gale.sewell@indwes.edu

lisa808 said...

Three great cards, but I have to say the flip flap one is my fav.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Love the all Sharon.. very nice job!! If I had more hours in the day..would make some!!

Shari Winterstein said...

These are gorgeous. Fall is my very favorite time of year and the colors you have used are lovely. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Rose said...

Hi Sharon! Love these fall cards - beautiful!

Laura H. H. Zaraza said...

So Awesome. I am Casing this and will post on my blog with your info. I really needed some ideas with this DSP. Now I have something for my Stamper 6 Group. Thank You again!
www.laurazstamps.com