Wednesday, October 13, 2010

DCBD 198 Thanks Spoiler Card

Gosh, when I first got my Upsy Daisy Stamp Set, I used it over and over again!  Today, I dusted off the lovely but lonely stamp set and incorporated it into the Diva Coffee Break Design Team Color Challenge!  I guess I should really use this stamp set more often, it’s a great background image and so easy to use! 

Today’s Diva Coffee Break Design Team DCBD 198 challenge uses three colors from the Stampin’ Up! Color Coach… Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, and Crumb Cake, plus one neutral… I chose very vanilla Cardstock.

DCBD 198

Hmm… what to do?  I searched my stash for Marina Mist Designer Series Paper… no go… didn’t have any of that… and then I remembered that the Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper is packed full of Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake Designs, so I had a start… I tried stamping on the Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper with the Greenhouse Gala Stamp Set and Marina Mist ink, but wasn’t happy with that, and decided to leave the DSP alone as a blank slate and starting point for my challenge card, adding embossed, stamped, and plain cardstock layers using the challenge colors plus Very Vanilla Cardstock.

DCBD_198_slf

I’m loving the timeless trim Bigz XL Die from the Holiday Mini Catalog… what a quick and easy way to add an interesting border to a card!  The large scallop from the Timeless Trim Die is shown on the card above with Cajun Craze Cardstock. 

The “Thanks I love being spoiled” sentiment comes from the Afterthoughts Hostess Level 1 Stamp Set, which is yours free when you host a workshop with merchandise totaling $150.00 or more.  He he… I have over $150.00 in merchandise on my wish list alone, how about you?

Stamps and Supplies used for Today’s DCBD 198 Color Challenge:

Stamps: 

  • Upsy Daisy #111710 [Wood Mount]
  • Afterthoughts #118388 [Wood Mount] OR #120121 [Clear Mount]

Cardstock:

  • Crumb Cake #119686
  • Cajun Craze #100946
  • Marina Mist #119682
  • Very Vanilla #101650

Classic Inks:

  • Marina Mist #119668
  • Cajun Craze #119671

Big Shot Machine and Dies:

  • Big Shot Machine #113439
  • Timeless Trim Die #120893
  • Vintage Textured Embossing Folder #120175
  • Ovals Die #114525

Additional Accessories:

  • Snail Adhesive #104332
  • Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon #120929
  • Mini Glue Dots #103683
  • Jewels Basic Rhinestones #119246

These supplies and more, available at my Online Stampin Up Store… visit today, and click the Shop Now button!

Play along with the Design Team… simply create your very own card / work of art / scrapbook page using the colors Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, and Crumb Cake plus one neutral.  Upload your card to your personal blog, online gallery or Splitcoast Stampers and then visit the Diva Coffee Break Designs Blog to upload your card using the linky tool at the bottom of today’s post!  I look forward to seeing your creations and visiting your blog… and you could win a special blinky for your gallery or blog too!

See you tomorrow with a new Creative Sketches Design Team Challenge!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Pretty card. Love your framing and bow.

nana_cindy42 said...

Very nice. Love the blue, and overall it's a nice combination!

Shari Winterstein said...

Such a lovely card. I like the subtle accenting of the Cajun Craze. Thanks for blessing my day. :)