Wednesday, October 6, 2010

DCBD 197 My Halloween Ghost!

I don’t really do very many Halloween cards or scrapbook pages.. my children are grown, and many of my customers/clients here in North Florida just aren’t “into” the celebration.  But, I did get some requests for quick and fun Halloween cards for grandchildren.. and today’s Diva Coffee Break Design Team Sketch #197 was the perfect opportunity to create a simple and quick Halloween Card.  Here’s the DCBD197 sketch:
dcbd197
I flipped it upside down :) and added a little ghost (it used to be the Large Punch Owl..) A sponge dauber and basic black classic ink were used along the edges of the owl and punched out greeting from teeny tiny wishe.  The face was drawn with a basic black stampin write marker.. I thought of making a ghost when I first received this punch, but the other day I saw a ghost candy tote by Mary Jo Price-Williams… on Stampin Connection (a site for Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators) and  her blog, and remembered that I needed to make a card like that!!  So… just in time for this week’s Diva Coffee Break Design Team Challenge… I give you my ghost.. hope you like it!
dcbd197_Created_By_you

Isn’t that embossing folder fun?  I almost didn’t purchase it.. after all, I don’t really do Halloween cards at all… but then I remembered doing a lot of couching and vintage quilting using spider webs and buttons on backgrounds.  So… given that thought, and of course seeing it all over the place… how could I resist?  The basic black cardstock was embossed and then cut apart in three equal pieces before sponging with whisper white Craft Ink, a dauber, and a light touch… kind of spooky don’t you think?
The Design Team has really come up with some fun samples for you this week!  I Hope you’ll play along, all you have to do is upload your sketch based card to Splitcoast Stampers, Flickr, Photobucket, your blog, or an online gallery… and then use the linky tool at the bottom of this week’s post at Diva Coffee Break Designs… Entries are voted on by team members, and you could be next week's featured stamper and receive a cute little I WON badge for your blog or gallery!  Come on… you’re stamping already, aren’t you?
Hugs,
Sharon
Pin It!

No comments: