I’ve had several requests for a full tutorial on how to make the gift-able box which accompanied last weekend’s Super Saturday Saturday Tutorial for the Lovely and Serene Dasher Ornament. Well, you’ve asked for it, and now you’ve got it!! This weekend’s Super Saturday Tutorial will show you step by step how to cut, score, and assemble the simple Cardstock Box… and will give you the complete supply list and measurements for completing the Dasher Ornament Box!
Here are the Ornament and Box… in case you missed them:
Stampin’ Up Supplies used in today’s Ornament Box Tutorial:
Stamp: Tags ‘Til Christmas #120847 (Wood Mount) or #121169 (Clear Mount)
Classic Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Candy Lane Designer Series Paper #120809
Accessories: Real Red Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Extra Large Decorative Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Paper Trimmer with Scoring blade, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, Tombow Multi Adhesive or Red Sticky Tape*
*Tombow Multi Adhesive is a Latex based glue (allergy alert) and creates a stronger bond in humid climates than Sticky Red Tape, which works perfectly well in dryer climates.
Real Red Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon: 18 inches
Candy Lane Designer Series Paper: 3.25” X 3.75”
Whisper White Cardstock: Approximately 2” x 3” or larger scrap to stamp and punch
Real Red Cardstock: 6” x 9”, scored at 1/2”, 4”, 4.5”, 8”, and 8.5”; turn 90 degrees and score at 1/2”, 1”, 5” and 5.5”
- Use Paper Snips to trim corners and niches in accordance with diagram below…
- Dotted areas are cut away/waste.
- Pink lines are cutting lines.
- Dashed lines are scored lines, diagram not to scale.
- Note all flaps are angled slightly to allow the sides to fold down easily.
- Use Bone Folder to crease all scored lines of Real Red Cardstock. Note: Folding towards the mountain (Bump) of the score line creates a stronger seam.
- The base of the box now has two sets of scored lines and flaps to attach.
- Fold and glue flaps into box sides, taking time to square corners.
- Fold and glue three sides into the box base. If you are using Tombow Multi Adhesive, use this latex based glue sparingly.. a little goes a very long way!
- Use adhesive to attach Candy Lane Designer Series Paper to center of box lid.
- Wrap 18” of Real Red Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon around box, and tie bow to right side of lid.
- Stamp “December 25” image on scrap of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Punch out image with Extra Large Decorative Label Punch.
- Place stampin’ dimensionals on back of punched image, remove protective paper layer and attach to box lid.
Hope you enjoyed today’s Ornament Box Tutorial! If there is something else you would like to see a tutorial on, please feel free to Contact Me … I love to keep my readers happy
Shop My Online Stampin’ Up! Store for the supplies used in today’s tutorial, and for other quality Stampin’ Up! Products as well!