Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Autumnal Seasonal Sentiments Diva Coffee Break Designs DCBD199

I just love the colors of Autumn, don’t you?  The temperature is finally cooling off here in North Florida, and although we don’t see the stunning colors which signify the change of season, we are beginning to feel it!  Inspired by the weather, my DCBD 199 card for the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team challenge features the colors of fall.  Here is the sketch for this week’s challenge!
dcbd199sm
Sometimes when I look at a sketch challenge, a great card pops immediately in my mind… not this week!  LOL… Normally a sketch will speak to me… and I can go right to my stamp shelf and pick up the stamp I will need to use for the sketch… But this week, I just kept playing with cardstock, moving it around and finding the right combination of colors, and then found stamps to fit the design… a little backwards approach for me! 
Today’s DCBD 199 Sketch based card uses Seasonal Sentiments and French Foliage stamp sets.  Although the photo doesn’t really show it, the leaves really pop on this card as they are shimmered with the Shimmer Your Ink Pads Technique I shared in my tutorials a couple weeks ago.  Are you ready?  Here’s my card:
DCBD199_SLF
I just love the effect achieved layering buttons and antique brads… and have had so many people ask me how I get them to sit flat on my card, I may just have to do a tutorial!  Two side mounted shimmered leaves were attached with Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive direct to cardstock, and the center one was popped up… kind of looks like they are tumbling in the wind, doesn’t it?
Stamps and Supplies used in today’s DCBD 199 Challenge:
Stamps:  Seasonal Sentiments, French Foliage
Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Classic Inks:  Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzaz, River Rock, Cajun Craze
Big Shot Machine and Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder
Accessories:  Neutrals Buttons, Antique Brads, Mini Glue Dots, stampin’ dimensionals, chantilly lace, mat pack, paper piercing tool, sponge daubers, empty craft ink pads
Technique:  Shimmer Your Ink Pads, Brad Layered Buttons, Faux Stitching, Big Shot Embossing
The Diva Coffee Break Designs Team enjoys seeing your creations and cards weekly… and I love visiting your blogs too!  I hope you’ll play along with the design team this week.. simply create a sketch based card and upload it to your personal blog, online gallery (Flickr, Photobucket, etc.) or Splitcoast Stampers and then hop over to the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Blog to upload your sketch based creation!  You could win a fun little widget for your blog or gallery too! 
All the supplies for today’s card can be purchased at my Online Stampin’ Up Store  <<click to visit and then click SHOP NOW.
Have a wonderful day, hope to see you back here tomorrow!
Hugs,
Sharon
Pin It!

5 comments:

Joan said...

lovely card, love the shimmer on the leaves, thanks for your comment on my blog.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sharon,
I love your card and the fabulous technique that you demonstrated! Beautiful fall colors! Such delight!!!
This is a really exquisite card!!! You are so talented!
XO

Angela@Inkology said...

I am in love with that card! Gorgeous! Following from SC!

HappyCrafter said...

This is beautiful! I really like the layout, and the leaves are gorgeous!

nana_cindy42 said...

Beautiful! I am always so amazed how you can come up with such gorgeous creations from those "silly" sketches! The leaves are cool!