Monday, September 6, 2010

Working Madly… or Madly Working with Waffle Paper

In the past week or so, I’ve been experimenting madly with Waffle Paper and glass glitter… you know that stuff in the new Holiday Mini Catalog!  It’s quite interesting… not what I had expected at all.  Of course the first impulse was to make a waffle flower, which I did… and probably every other Stampin Up Demonstrator on the planet has done too… but I wanted to do something a bit different, apart from the norm.  After a scheduled Where Women Create meeting of local stamp artists, through our collaborative efforts we came up with a couple things… two of which I am sharing with you today!

The first project, a stone tile magnet… again a bit too expected for me… but it did showcase the Day of Gratitude stamp set and the Glass Glitter as well!

Created By You Glass Glitter Magnet

The second project we collectively collaborated and created is shown as the background for this card…  I think it would make a fabulous Christmas Card, don’t you?

P8300021

Pretty cool, isn’t it?  The tree and snowflakes are from the Season of Friendship Stamp Set.  The tree was stamped with Early Espresso Classic Ink, and cut out just outside the stamped lines.  A white Signo Gel Pen was used to add ‘snow’ to the tree and additional snowflake trios to the background as well.  Oh, and I drew the snow in along the bottom of the card at the base of the tree with the Signo White Gel Pen as well.  The tree was popped up with stampin’ dimensionals… and there’s just enough color/contrast between the black cardstock background and the Early Espresso ink to make the viewer take a closer peek. 

Update:  just found this cool challenge blog: www.Resqchallenge.blogspot.com and this week’s challenge is to use your scissors!  Anyone can play along, so I’ve added my card to RESQ61 too!  How about you?

The scrunchy background… that’s waffle paper and a new technique I’ll be sharing later this week!

I’ll share another card made with Waffle Paper tomorrow, hops you’ll stop back in to see!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Both of these are very cool Sharon. Especially like the tree.
Very inspiring!

Carey said...

Thanks for sharing this. I bought the waffle paper in all 4 colors but now am not really sure what to do with it. Other than make the obligatory waffle flower that every SU demonstrator is making. I will be following your blog to see what you do.

Carey Rogers
aka Rosocoes' mommy

Denise said...

wow! This is stunning! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

Mercedes Pineiro said...

Very beautiful card I love it you did a very good job Sharon I have to try this too.

inkedx2 said...

Love the tree card! Very pretty.

Robbie

Kelli said...

What a stunning card, I'm following your blog daily, so much talent!

Kelli