Monday, September 27, 2010

Wonderfully Worn Quick and Easy… What a fun background!

When I first saw the Wonderfully Warn Large Format Background stamp on page 141 of the 2010-11 Stampin’ Up! Idea Book and Catalog, I knew I just HAD to have it… and then it sat on my shelf!  Why?? who knows… probably because there’s so much more eye candy in my stamping studio!  LOL.. you know what I mean.. shelves of stamps, drawers of embellishments and of course the fabulous Big Shot Machine and dies… no wonder this stamp sat dormant for two months!

Today, I’ve brushed it off and put it to good use.  I REALLY like this stamp!  The background on the card shown below was stamped with Crumb Cake Classic Ink onto Crumb Cake Cardstock.  I haven’t made too many fall cards… I suppose because it’s so hot here in Florida.  I really enjoy the cooler fall temperatures and the colors of the season as well (although we don’t see much in the way of fall colors in Florida… )  So.. today’s first simple and quick card share is a fall card featuring the Season of Friendship, Wonderfully Worn, and Thank You Kindly Stamp Sets.  Hope you like it!Season of Friendship_fallcard_Cbyu

Have you ordered your Timeless Trim Bigz XL die yet?  I’m really getting a kick out of it… in the card above, I’ve used it to simulate grass… hmm, might have to add that under a certain palm tree stamp too :)  Fall Classic Ink Colors:  Cajun Craze, More Mustard, and Old Olive.

Here’s another simple and quick card… I call it the magic mushroom stamp set… but it’s actually called “Funky Four”… is that supposed to be the Beatles getting on the Magic School Bus or the Yellow Submarine?  Dating myself now, aren’t I?  I’ve seen tons of adorable cards using this stamp set but can’t for the life of me, figure out why I bought it… it’s cute… perhaps if it came with a tiny toad?  It’s just missing something along the way…

magic_mushrooms_bkgd

Wonderfully Worn background stamped again with Crumb Cake Classic Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock… brad layered buttons attached with mini glue dots to DSP… and a little DSRB Punch action (the little punch with a very long name:)  I’ve popped up and offset the focal image on this card to give it a bit more WOW power… it’s a fun card, easy quick Thank You card I’ll have to pop in the mail tomorrow too :)

Come on back tomorrow for a fun Utah Divas International Color Inspiration challenge… you won’t believe the colors Gretchen has cooked up this time!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

 

Pin It!

1 comment:

Beth Fesperman said...

Sharon,
I too have this BG stamp and have yet to use it. Thanks for getting me thinking. Great cards!!!