Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Utah Divas International Design Team Color Inspiration: UDI3… Chocolate!

Chocolate… yum!  Just a warning.. if you’re craving chocolate, you may not want to look at the UDI Design Team Color Challenge photo this week… it’s really very yummy!  Today’s UDI Color Inspiration:  Concord Crush, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla.

UDI#3

And chocolate covered candy apples… made me think of children, Halloween, fall, and chocolate!  Lucky me… while salivating over the well dressed apples, I remembered that I had a stash of Kinder chocolate which my DD had brought me from Germany (and hiding chocolate in my house is a feat in itself!)  Chocolate satisfaction… and here is the card I created for today’s Utah Divas International Design Team UDI Color Inspiration Challenge:

P9150032

LOL.. my friend Tee said I really needed to add some liquid appliqué to the little bear…  yes, maybe.. will have to order that from my friend Leslie!  I guess I could have run the CS through an embossing folder before cutting out with the sizzlet… hmmm!  I love doing the double loop ribbon bow on my fingers… (thanks Ilina Crouse for a fabulous tutorial.. no special equipment needed!)  Can you tell I love texture??  I’ve actually used three big shot machine embossing folders on this card (and of course the tiny Lil Paws bear is a sizzlet too.. )  A Basic Jewels Rhinestone was added to his Concord Crush beating heart.  Don’t you just want to pick him up and hug him?

Stamps and supplies used for todays’ Utah Divas International Design Team Challenge:

Stamps:

  • Everything Nice

Cardstock:

  • Concord Crush, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip

Ink:

  • Chocolate Chip

Big Shot Machine/Accessories:

  • Lil Paws Embosslit
  • Textured Embossing Folders:  Perfect Polka Dots, Vintage Wallpaper, Lattice
  • Scallop Square Die

Other Accessories:

Hope you enjoyed today’s UDI Color Inspiration Design Team Challenge today… and hope you’ll play along too!  Check out the other cards at Utah Divas International… and I’ll be watching for your card upload as well!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

4 comments:

Teressa Thompson said...

He would be cute all fuzzy with that home made fuzzy stuff you did once. Didn't you just use a cheese grater on some scrap card stock? It was so cute!

Tee

lisa808 said...

Sorry I drooled on your oh-so-cute card! But, I couldn't help it after seeing those candy apples. Thanks for the double treat today!

Liz Miller said...

Love this sweet card, perfect for a baby shower!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Positively yummy Sharon. The combination of text and die cut had me thinking Ginger Snap bears and I kept wanting to bite the poor little bears head and paws. Love all the textures and layers.