Wednesday, September 1, 2010

St. Nick meets the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team: Color Challenge DCBD #192

Do you like color challenges?  This is a really challenging color challenge!  I can’t wait to see what the rest of the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team comes up for this one!  Here are the colors we were challenged to work with this week!

DCBD192_jpg

Ha ha.. they look nice on paper don’t they?  Quite a challenge for me, it took me two cards to find something worthy to share with you.. (I’ll show you my reject another time.. maybe…  LOL!)  For today’s DCBD #192 Challenge Card, I’m using one of the new Holiday Mini Catalog Stamp Sets:  Jolly Old St. Nick; and the Candy Lane Designer Series Paper!  What’s not to love about this roly poly guy?  If you haven’t received your Holiday Mini Catalog yet, be sure to Contact Me… I’d love to send you one!

dcbd192 on createdbyu.blogspot.com

 

Had to pull out the Basic Jewels Rhinestones for this one too.. it just need a little teeny tiny bit of bling!  When I showed my DD this card, she immediately asked me where the River Rock was… you see it don’t you?  It’s on Jolly Old St. Nick’s sack of toys! 

Stamps and Supplies used on today’s DCBD #192 Color Challenge Card:

Stamps:  Jolly Old St. Nick

Classic Ink:  Not Quite Navy

Paper:  Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Rose Red, Watercolor Paper and Candy Lane Designer Series Paper

Accessories:  Stampin Write Markers, Aqua Painter, 5/8” Satin Ribbon (whisper white), and Basic Jewel Rhinestones

OK… you know I can’t really just leave you hanging… and I know you’re just sitting there wondering what my reject card looked like… do you really want to see it?  Hmm…

Here you go…

P8230009

I used the Growing Green Stamp Set to create a background/paper for the focal image… in retrospect, I guess it’s OK.. just not what I was really going for!

Stamps and Supplies used for today’s DCBD Challenge #192 Color Challenge Card #2:

Stamps:  Growing Green, Afterthoughts

Classic Inks:  Not quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Rose Red, River Rock

Cardstock:  Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Rose Red, River Rock, and Whisper White

Accessories:  Antique Brads, Big Shot Machine, Pretty Polka Dots and Lattice Textured Embossing Folders, Stampin Dimensionals, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing tool

Hope you’ll play along with the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team this week… I’d love to see your cards and designs!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Patrice said...

I don't know I think they are both beautiful!!! I like that they are so different and yet keep to the color challenge!

Kristin Moore said...

Yes, I spy the River Rock! And I don't know what you're thinking about that second card- I think it totally ROCKS! Not a reject at all! So glad you shared them both!

Ida Chan Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

love them both!! gorgeous work!

I'm your new follower from sc

http://604clothpaperscissors.blogspot.com

inkedx2 said...

Some more cute ideas! TFS

Robbie