Friday, September 17, 2010

Sketch Frenzy Friday SFF091710

Welcome to Sketch Frenzy Friday!  Today’s sketch is provided by design team member Kathryne Knowles!  I hope you’ll play along with the SFF design team this week as we create fun cards and/or scrapbook pages based on one central sketch and design!  Here is Kathryne’s sketch:

a1sff091710craftykatcreations

It’s kind of hard to see.. but did you notice the ribbon/ trim across the center of the card.  When I first looked at this sketch, I thought of Halloween, moons, witches and broomsticks.  I don’t do a lot of Halloween themed cards.. mostly because my children are grown, and most of my customer base is not really thrilled with witches and Halloween type stuff… I do have a few customers who absolutely love Halloween, decorating, trick or treat, and everything that goes along with the holiday and/or All Saints Day Festival.  I really loved the polka dot background… don’t you?  Of course, as with any sketch the background becomes whatever you envision as the paper craft artist and/or your personal interpretation.

Well… here’s the kicker!!  Around 11pm last night I realized that although I’m very much ahead on many of my design team posts… I hadn’t made THIS one!! Yikes!!  What a revelation that was.. I spent most of yesterday with my very close friend Tee (Green Isles Crafts) working on a new video…. totally forgot to double check my post for today… So… I apologize in advance for my “10 minute card” … the ones you see people do really speedy quicko on their blogs… well, this card was one of those, not alot of thought… just an act of desperation!  It has the bones… and I can remake it into something fabulous I’m sure (or hopeful).. hope you’re not totally disgusted with it… here is my SFF 091710 challenge card.. 10 minutes or less!

091710sffcbyucard

I used my Big Shot Machine to cut both the large oval & scallop frame… and the circle (aka moon)… the dsp in this card is retired (sadly)… and of course, you see the large owl punch as a central motif.  Guess I’ll surprise DH with this card…

What do you think?  For a 5 minute card…. Next stop along the Sketch Frenzy Friday Mini Hop is Design Team Member Tammy Baldwin (Creative Apple Scrampers).  Play along with us, and link up your card / design at the Sketch Frenzy Friday Home Blog HERE.

Tomorrow I’ve got a great glass glitter tutorial… not the 5 minute stuff.. hope you’ll stop by and check it out!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

nana_cindy42 said...

I LOVE the card!!! I'd love to make it for my sister as she collects anything owl!
Also, I'm one of your class members that LOVES Halloween! I think because I loved it as a child. I hope we do a Halloween class.

Melinda said...

absolutely love your card! Great job!

Teressa Thompson said...

What a great way to use this sketch. I wondered about the circle/oval peeking out myself!

Maybe I'll give this one a try too.

Tee