Friday, September 10, 2010

Sketch Frenzy Friday SFF091010 Challenge

frenzyfinal1-300x185cbyuWelcome to Sketch Frenzy Friday!  Today we have a wonderfully fun sketch challenge provided by team member Tammy Baldwin  This week I’ve used two Holiday Mini Stamp Sets, Day of Gratitude, and the Bells and Boughs stamp set, to create what I hope you will think is an awesome card. 
Sketch 9-10-2010-001tammybaldwin
Really cool sketch, isn’t it?  Bet you’re wondering what I’m going to do with it.. another Black and White card?  Tempting as it was, I decided to take a whirl at a Christmas card for the sketch challenge this time around:

SFF091010_ www.createdbyu.blogspot.com

Everyone says that this card just glows in person… must be the fabulous and fun glimmer brad I used in the center of the medallion from the Day of Gratitude stamp set LOL!  Or, perhaps it’s all the sparkle on the Northern Flurry embossed background?  Layering the Victoria Lace with 5/8” Old Olive satin ribbon really makes it stand out, don’t you think?

YES, I did cut out the medallion with my paper snips… it’s really an easy design to cut out.  The sentiment was stamped and decorated and then punched out with the new extra large decorative label punch (page 25 of the holiday mini catalog).  As you can probably tell, it’s a fairly large punch and has lots of room for both images and sentiment!  (Psst… if you haven’t received you personal copy of the holiday mini catalog, I’d love to send you one, simply Contact Me Here… or use the tab at the top of this blog page!

Next stop on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Mini Hop is design team member Tammy Baldwin I can’t wait to see which stamps she’ll choose for today’s sketch!

I hope you’ll break out those stamps and ink pads, and play along… your entry can be uploaded to the Sketch Frenzy Friday Team Blog HERE.  Come and play along with the team!

Stamps and Supplies Used for Today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Share:

Stamps:  Day of Gratitude, Bells & Boughs

Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla

Classic Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso

Tools & Accessories:  Big Shot Machine, Northern Flurry Textured Embossing Folder, Victoria Lace, 5/8” Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Glimmer Brights Brads, sponge dauber, Stampin Write Markers, mat pack & Paper Piercing Tool, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue pen, gold brads, Stampin Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, Decorative Label Punch, paper snips.

See you tomorrow for an always free Super Saturday Tutorial!  Hope you’ll stop  back by!

Hugs,

Sharon









Pin It!

11 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

Beautiful Card. I love what you did with the ribbon - really creative. I am following you from SC.
Eileen

Krista Driessen said...

Wow Sharon !! I really like this card !!!!

Creative Apple Scrampers said...

Love it! Definitely gonna have to try it!

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! great job!

~*~Stamp With Tess~*~ said...

Nicely done!

Kathryne said...

Wow how beautiful!

nana_cindy42 said...

Yes! I, too love this card. Nice design. And I love the red & white. It's like 'red work' in embroidery.

Karen said...

Beautiful card Sharon. Just stopping by to say "Hi" I am following you from SC. Visit my blog www.simplysaidwithkaren.blogspot.com

helloholley said...

beautiful!!!! I'm following from SC!!!

Kim said...

What a gorgeous card! I REALLY love it!

Memories by Brenda said...

WOW what a card, I love it!!