Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Really Needed a Stampcation… What Fun!

The cat’s out of the bag… did you notice that I snuck away last weekend to Central Florida for a mini StampCation?  What fun!  I also had an opportunity to demonstrate Glass Glitter from the Holiday Mini Catalog!  Perhaps I met some of you there… old friends and new?  Today I’m sharing the cards made with Glass Glitter just for the StampCation event!   (Glass Glitter comes in Champagne and Silver, and can be found on page 21 of the Holiday Mini Catalog, along with Waffle Paper, Tinsel Trim, and 1/2” color coordinated seam binding too!)  Don’t have your copy of the Holiday Mini Catalog yet?  Simply Contact Me, and I’ll be sure to pop one in the mail to you!

Presenting… Dasher all-a-glitter!  Don’t you just love Dasher?  He’s so svelte, graceful, and elegant!  On this card, I’ve double embossed brush silver cardstock with both Perfect Polka Dots and Northern Flurry Textured Embossing Folders using my Big Shot Machine.  Using the Perfect Polka Dots first flattens the polka dots a bit, but it really makes a fun background when combined with the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, don’t you think?  You’ve seen me do this before using Brushed Gold Cardstock (sample HERE).

P9050032

Dasher was stamped on Whisper White Cardstock with Versamark Ink, and after covering with Silver embossing powder, heat embossed.  I’ve added 5 Basic Jewel Rhinestones to his antlers, and three more to the snowflake centers in the background.  The ribbon of glass glitter is a technique I shared at StampCation… something I came up with when asked to demo Glass Glitter… and a technique I’ll be sharing with all of you later this week.

Here’s the second card I made for my StampCation demo… another glass glitter technique I developed just for the StampCation attendees… isn’t it fun?

P9050034

A couple words of caution when working with Glass Glitter:

  1. Glass Glitter is very sharp!  Handle it carefully, it can cut you! (I cut my thumb on it just last week!!)
  2. Be careful when using Glass Glitter in households with pets… After experimenting with this stuff, I had it everywhere, and was very grateful for my Dyson Purple Pet Vacuum which easily whisked up any glitter which made it’s way to the floor/carpet.  Although my stamp studio is kept totally pet and allergen free, I’d hate to think what could happen if my kitty cats ingested this stuff… after all, they eat just about anything.. ribbon, foil, beef… such animals!

You will be seeing a complete tutorial for the techniques used on both these cards in my Super Saturday Free Tutorial on September 18th… so just a teaser for now :)  Order your Glass Glitter ONLINE NOW at my online Stampin Up Store and you’ll be able to make these cards following the tutorial too! 

Stampin’ Up Supplies you’ll NEED for today’s cards:

Stamps:  Bright Christmas #121678 Wood Mount or #121318 Clear Mount

             Dasher #116816 Wood Mount

             Short and Sweet #115060 Wood Mount

8 1/2” x 11” Cardstock:  Whisper White Ultra Smooth Cardstock #100730(40 sheets/pkg) and Brushed Silver #100712 (10 sheets/pkg)

Accessories:

  • Big Shot Machine #113439
  • Textured Embossing Folders:  Northern Flurry #120902 and Perfect Polka Dot #117335
  • Ultra Fine Embossing Powders:  Silver#109131 and White #109132
  • Heat Tool #100005
  • Basic Jewels Rhinestones #119246
  • Silver Glass Glitter #120995
  • Champagne (Gold) Glass Glitter #120997 (NOT used in today’s card, but you might want to order it any way… wink; wink ;)
  • Dazzling Diamonds #102023
  • Sticky Strip #104294
  • Tombow Multi Adhesive #110755
  • Snail Adhesive #104332
  • Snail Adhesive Refill #104331

I’ve got a fabulous fall card to share with you tomorrow, hope you’ll stop in and say hi!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

MaryE said...

Sharon, Stampcation has been wonderful! Us Fla girls have been so privledged to have such a great event presented to us. Your demo was terrific. I have especially been wowed w/ your use of the embossed waffle paper technique. I will be CASEing that one. Thank you so much!

Leslie said...

Love it. Remind me, I would love a copy of the mini catalog when I get my order. Thanks

lisa808 said...

They are both stunning cards. Dasher is beautiful in silver.

Debra said...

Hello, I'm following you now. Hope you will follow me at www.stampapotamus.blogspot.com

Shantaie said...

Sharon,
I want to thank you again for demonstrating this incredible glass glitter tip at stampcation! I can attest to the stunning visual effect these cards have in person!
Thanks for helping to make stampcation wonderful! Shantaie Fowler