Friday, September 3, 2010

Growing Green: Sketch Frenzy Friday #SFF090310

Welcome to Sketch Frenzy Friday!  Today I’m we’re going green.. oops!!  I meant using the  Growing Green Stamp Set and sharing a simple and quick Marker Coloring Technique used to do this card!   frenzyfinal1-300x185cbyu

Today’s Challenge Sketch was created by our Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Mom and member, Melissa Couden.  I’ve changed the orientation and a few layers… but have otherwise left the sketch completely as is.  Here’s Melissa’s sketch:

sff090110mcouden And here’s my hand stamped card featuring the Growing Green and Sincere Salutations Stamp Sets, and sharing views of both the inside and outside of the card.

sff090310_fieldCreatedByYouThe flowers were stamped in Basic Grey Classic Ink, and then a gentle touch of color was added using the brush end of my stampin write markers in Baja Breeze, and Daffodil Delight.  Outlining the stamped image just inside the stamped line provided just a little hint of color… intersections were filled completely with the Baja Breeze Ink Color, and the centers were colored with Daffodil Delight.  As a final step, I colored the stamped center dots of the images with a Cajun Craze Stampin Write Marker.

The torn edge adds a little different perspective for the inside of this card… want to see the inside?  I’ve folded it backwards and stood it up so that you can get a better view…

sff090310b_fieldCreatedByYou

The Cajun Craze Cardstock was cut to 5.25” x 4” and only the bottom edge was embossed with the lattice textured impressions folder using the Big Shot Machine… Don’t you hate those ugly lines across the edge when you feed the cardstock/embossing folder all the way through the machine?  It only happens when you are trying to emboss just a portion of the cardstock.  To prevent ugly lines, I only feed the cardstock/impressions folder Cardstock FIRST into the Big Shot machine until it reaches the edge of the cardstock… and then reverse the handle to back it out of the machine.. no ugly lines (or big thumping noise either.)

I had to add some Whisper White Cardstock to the inside of the card… I really don’t like leaving the inside dark… it’s so much easier to read had written note if the cardstock is lighter, and circumvents the need for a white gel pen (not that I don’t own a few of those:)

Next blog on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge, Hop, Tour… Sue Grant I can’t wait to see what Sue has done for you today!  Be sure to leave her a sweet note too!

Stamps & Supplies Used for Today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Share:

Stamps:  Growing Green, Sincere Salutations

Cardstock:  Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Basic Grey

Classic Ink:  Basic Grey

Accessories:  Big Shot Machine, Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, Stampin Write Markers

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

9 comments:

Katie said...

I always look forward to seeing your sketch frenzy friday cards! This one is no exception, it's fresh and clean, very simple and elegant! Thanks for sharing your talent with us all!

Memories by Brenda said...

great card, I must have missed this set in the catalog, your coloring technique is cool

Melinda said...

oh WOW!!!! That card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Shari Winterstein said...

These are wonderful cards. I like the simplicity and sweetness of both of them. Thanks for blessing my morning. :)

Kathryne said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing

Kim said...

Wonderful Card! I have not yet used Cajun Craze, and I love your use of it!

Angela said...

Sharon, this is beautiful! I love the clean look of the flowers on Whisper White.

inkedx2 said...

Love the coloring idea! Thanks for the great technique.

Robbie

JulieA said...

I liked your card so much, I had to make one of my own. :-D Thanks for the inspiration!

Julie

p.s. when I posted it on my blog, I did give you credit and linked to yours.