Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Designs Team DCBD #194 It’s a Color Challenge!

Welcome, again to the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Weekly Challenge!  This week it’s a color challenge… Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, and Peach Parfait!  I can’t wait to see what the rest of the DCBD team has come up with… how about you?  Break out those inks and stamps, and come play along with us this week!DCBD194_jpg_Cbyu

Today, I’m featuring the Apple Blossoms Hostess Level 2 Stamp Set from the 2010/11 Idea Book & Catalog, page 12, and I have used all but two of the eight stamp images in my DCBD #194 card… inside and out!  Here’s the card front:

dcbd194c_sfield_Created_By_You

Wild Wasabi is one of my favorite ink colors… it’s such a fresh and fun color, reminds me of spring time.  The Lattice Textured Embossing Folder background on this card was run through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine to add some unexpected texture to the otherwise flat crumb cake background.  Gold brads were added to the Vanilla buttons from the neutrals button pack before attaching them to the card with a couple mini glue dots.  The card is not really as curvy as it appears in the picture… not sure how that happened (sorry!).  Here’s the inside of the card…

dcbd194Created_By_You

I really like framing and showcasing the inside message of a card… this inside could easily be used as an outside image as well… stamped with “just a little note” (another image from the stamp set), it would make a really nice and quick note card gift set don’t you think?

I hope you’ll play along with this week at the Diva Coffee Break Designs Challenge!  Each week one of the submissions is selected as a design team favorite… and when YOU are selected, you’ll get a cute “I’ve been featured…” logo for your sidebar/blog… just like Lynn Hayes did last week for her DCBD #190 entry!  I’d love to see your creations!

Tomorrow I’ll share another Super Saturday Tutorial… And, as you probably already know, ALL my Super Saturday Tutorials are FREE… no strings attached!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Fabulous card! Love how you used the colors.
Lynn

Teressa Thompson said...

Love it! I played along on the challenge! What fun... and better than doing dishes while I wait for Joey's bus at 4:30 in the morning!

Thanks --
Tee

nana_cindy42 said...

Love these colors, too. And I love the button flowers!