Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Designs Sketch Challenge DCBD #193

Welcome to this week’s installment of the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge!  This weeks’ challenge DCBD #193 is a really fun design, and I had a lot of fun doing it.  I hope you’ll visit the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team blog to view all the other great card samples, and play along with us this week!  I can’t wait to show you the hand stamped and embellished  card I made with this design.. hope you like it! DCBD193_jpg_cbyu

I stamped two cards for this weeks’ DCBD #193 challenge again!  I just wasn’t quite satisfied with the first card, and so changed a few things to make it more special for all of you!  I’ll show you the second card first… and then give you a peek at my ‘reject’ card as well!

Here’s the actual DCBD #193 submission… using both the perfect polka dots and lattice textured embossing folders with my
Big Shot Machine!  I just love texture in a card, don’t you?  The images are from Day of Gratitude, Apple Blossoms, and the Occasional Quotes Stamp Sets.  The images were stamped on the Whisper White Background, and sponge daubered with Wild Wasabi Classic Ink before running the stamped sheet through my big shot machine using the lattice Textured Embossing Folder.. a really cool effect, don’t you think?

dcbd193sfieldThe largest Paper Daisy on this card was stamped with the large medallion image from the Day of Gratitude stamp set with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink.. I love how it looks when stamped with this image… You may recall, I did this with last week’s shadow box tutorial as well!  After embossing the Perfect Polka Dots background sheet with the Big Shot Machine, I also added a little color to the raised polka dots with a sponge dauber and a light touch.

Are you ready to see my ‘reject’ card?  The basic design is the same, but you can see why I remade it… didn’t want to disappoint my readers, OR the Diva Coffee Break Design Team members either!!

Here you go… a few different stamp sets, not as many layers…. 

dcbd193altcreatedbyu

The polka dots were added to the paper daisy with a wild wasabi stampin write marker… and the crumb cake cardstock was double embossed first with the vintage wallpaper textured embossing folder, and again with the lattice embossing folder using of course, my Big Shot Machine.

Stamps and Supplies for Today’s DCBD #193 Card Shares:

Card 1:

Stamps:  Day of Gratitude, Occasional Quotes, Apple Blossoms

Card Stock:  Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight

Classic Inks:  Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi

Accessories:  Stampin’ Write Markers, Paper Daisies, Big Shot Machine, Textured Impressions Embossing Folders:  Perfect Polka Dots and Lattice, Stampin Dimensionals, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Itty Bitty Buttons, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool, sponge dauber


Card 2:

Stamps:  En Francais, Day of Gratitude, Occasional Quotes

Card Stock:  Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Crumb Cake

Classic Ink:  Wild Wasabi

Accessories:  Stampin’ Write Markers, Paper Daisies, Big Shot Machine, Textured Impressions Embossing Folders:  Vintage Wallpaper and Lattice, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Silver Brads, Mat Pack and paper piercing tool, sponge dauber, stampin dimensionals

I hope you’ll play along with us this week… I love to see your work too!  Just create a new sketch based challenge, upload to your online photo gallery, splitcoaststampers, or blog… and upload to the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Blog!

See you tomorrow with another new card sample and idea!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

very pretty!
Sandra

Sandi said...

Wow.. love both these cards, they are the same but so different!

Mary Brown said...

Both of your cards are just DELIGHTFUL!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is such a beautiful card. I like the addition of the lace ribbon. I'm glad that Wild Wasabi is back because NOW I like it! Thanks for blessing my early morning tour through stampers blogs! Now off to coffee!!!!!

Rosie said...

LOve your card!