Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Design Team Sketch Challenge DCBD #195

 I’ve really enjoyed being a member of the Diva Coffee Break Design Team!  Each week, the sketches push me to create something special just for you.. and this week is no exception!

DCBD195_jpg

Have you seen the Big Designer Buttons on page 17 of the Holiday Mini Catalog?? They are fabulous for scrapbook pages.. but when one of my friends commented that she didn’t ever forsee using such large buttons on a card, I just HAD to do it…  Combined with paper daisies, I think they performed well and created a balance within this fabulous sketch… Here’s my card:

 

dcbd195b_Sfield

It was very easy to add polka dots to the Paper Daisies.. I simply used the brush end of my Blushing Bride Stampin Write Marker and allowed the ink to bleed into the paper until I had a polka dot.  It is a quick process… and I think it complimented the other textures on this card as well… what do you think?

I hope you’ll play along with the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team this week… I love seeing all your sketch based projects… and that can include a scrapbook page or ATC as well!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s card share:

Stamps:  Word Play page 147 Idea Book & Catalog

Classic Ink:  Blushing Bride

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Blushing Bride

Big Shot Machine and Accessories:  Lattice and Pretty Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder

Other Accessories:  5/8” satin ribbon in Whisper White, Paper Daisies, Candy Lane Big Designer Buttons, Stampin Dimensionals, Mini glue Dots

You can purchase these stampin up supplies and more at my Online Stampin Up Store … it’s open 24/7!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

I LOVE this card! I'm into EFs these days and I like the way you used the two of these along with the flowers. Think it's time to crack open the package of flowers! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Darlene said...

I like the way you used the flowers in this challenge. Great Card.

jimlynn said...

Sharon, this is just beautiful!!!
Love it.
Lynn

Laurie Gibson said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Guess I am going to have to order some of those flowers after all. I just love this!! Great job and thanks for sharing it with us.

lisa808 said...

Love your card--the polka dot flowers and embossing folder look great together.

fa_stamper said...

How cool. I love the polka dots on the flowers. Very nice with the other textures on the page.

Carol said...

A fabulous combination of embossing folders, beautiful polka-dotted flowers equal a beautiful card...TFS!