Thursday, September 16, 2010

Deck the Halls… Fa la la la la…

Deck the Halls is actually the name of a fabulous vintage designer series paper pattern pack in the new Holiday Mini Catalog… And although I love vintage, this paper was not part of my demonstrator pre-order.. Why?  Who knows…. I LOVE it!  The colors in the paper are some of my favorites:  Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla.  The paper itself has a wonderful “hand” or feel (fabric term from my quilting days… sorry!)

Today I am sharing TWO hand stamped and embossed cards featuring just one of the fabulous double sided papers from the Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper Package!   The first one also features accompanying cardstock colors of Real Red, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, and Brushed Gold.   This collage of colors was actually cased from a card in another stamp company’s catalog which my friend Leslie just happened to gift me!  I changed it up a bit… adding Embossed Circles, and all sorts of punches.  I used three different stamp sets  in this stamped and punched card… Contempo Christmas, Just Believe, and Perfect Punches.  As usual, the complete Stamp and Supply List will be provided at the bottom of this post.

P9080032

But first, I wanted to share a second card featuring the same pattern from the Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper Pack… and only one featured stamp set this time:  Leaf Lines.  I thought the graceful berry and leaf image would make a nice focal image for this card… and even used a bit of Waffle Paper Ribbon across the bottom of the panel.  Deck the Halls has such a nice vintage feel, I couldn’t help but use the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder on the card as well.. this was one of my swap cards for the Stampcation event last weekend… did you get one?  If so, hope you liked it!

P9080030

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Deck the Halls Card Shares:

Circle Collage Deck the Halls Card:

Stamps:  Just Believe, Perfect Punches, and Contempo Christmas

Cardstock / Paper:  Very Vanilla, Real Red, Brushed Gold, Always Artichoke, Waffle Paper

Classic Ink:  Real Red

Big Shot Machine and Accessories:  Elegant Lines and Northern Flurry Textured Embossing Folders

Punches:  1 3/8”, 1 1/4”, 2 1/2” Circles, Scallop Circle Punch, Ornament Punch

Other Accessories:  Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tombow Multi Adhesive, 1/8” taffeta ribbon in real red and very vanilla, Basic Jewels:  Rhinestones

Leaf Lines Deck the Halls Card:

Stamps:  Leaf Lines

Cardstock / Paper:  Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Real Red

Classic Inks:  Always Artichoke, Real Red

Big Shot Machine and Accessories:  Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder

Other Accessories:  1/8” Taffeta Ribbon Very Vanilla, Stampin Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, Extra Large Modern Label Punch, Gold Brads

To browse the 2010/11 Idea Book and Catalog or the current Holiday Mini Catalog.. click on the Catalogs Tab at the top of this page.  To order merchandise used on today’s card shares, please visit my Online Stampin’ Up! Store and click Shop Now!

Thanks in Advance for your kind words, and orders!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Teressa Thompson said...

So pretty. I just love these colors... and that sentiment on the mistletoe card is awesome!

Tee

Shari Winterstein said...

Two great cards - my favorite is the second one! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

jimlynn said...

BOTH of these are just fabulous! Love them.
Lynn

Leslie said...

great cards, love the honorable mention, thanks. I will get by there eventually to pick up my order.

Mervi said...

These are gorgeous cards, maybe a little like more the second one, beutiful image.
greetings,-))Mervi

cinmfoster said...

Love the cards and the sentiment on the last card. Thanks for sharing.

Rosie said...

OMG.... I love your top card... so gorgeous! It looks very expensive =)