Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Color Challenged? Come Play along with the NEW UDI Team!

Well, I’ve been asked to join another design team!  The Utah Divas International Color Challenge Design Team will bring you new inspiration and color challenges each Tuesday, and I hope you’ll play along too!  Here’s the very first Utah Divas International Color Inspiration Challenge:  Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzaz, Pretty in Pink.

UDI#1

Aren’t these colors lovely together?  Here’s the rules for the UDI #1 Color Challenge:  Use all the colors in the challenge, and only the colors in the challenge plus either Very Vanilla or Whisper White Cardstock.  Ready to see my card?  I hope you’ll like it… I’ve created dimensional flowers using the Flower Fancy Stamp Set, and a Champagne Glass Glitter Corner too!

UDI_1_colorchallenge_Cbyu

The pretty little double loop bow was made on my fingers… no special equuipment needed, and something I learned from Catherine Harwood at Stampcation last weekend from Ilina Crouse’s Blog, her FREE tutorial may be found HERE.  A Tip for you if you happen to try this technique:  Don’t put your fingers too close together… because it will be very difficult to remove the double loop bow from your fingers… LOL… I saw a LOT of people doing that last weekend :)

The double scallop border on my card was made with the new Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die and my Big Shot Machine.  The die measures 6” x 13 -3/4” and features four patterns, two suitably sized for most cards, and two more designs which would be fabulous on your favorite scrapbook pages!  I scored the double scallop trim, and bone folded it before attaching it to my card to create this double scallop dimensional effect.

I learned something very interesting when making the flowers on this card too… After stamping them on a scrap of Pretty in Pink Cardstock, I decided to cut them out and curl the edges running my thumb along the tip of the flower with my paper piercing tool. 

http://createdbyu.blogspot.com_ff1

Looking very closely, I noticed the cardstock layers might be easily separated…. so I separated them with the tip of my piercing tool.  Up close, the layers appear to have suede texture…

http://createdbyu.blogspot.com_ff2

The bottom layer looked a bit plain, so I added some color with a Rich Razzleberry Stampin Write Marker… you can’t really tell they are fuzzy unless you look very, very close…  After swirling a little circle of Tombow Multi Adhesive, I attached Champagne Glass Glitter to the center of the flowers too.

http://createdbyu.blogspot.com_ff3

I thought the card needed a bit of glitter balancing… so added Champagne Glass Glitter covered Photo Corner as well… I tried to add the glitter with snail… but wasn’t really happy with the results, wanting a chunky sparkly corner… so chose to cover the Pretty in Pink Photo Corner with a thin layer of Tombow Multi Adhesive to hold the Champagne Glass Glitter.

http://createdbyu.blogspot.com_ff4

Hope you liked today’s UDI #1 Color Inspiration Challenge, and will play along with the Design Team this week.  Upload your cards and creations using UDI#1 in the keywords so we can find your fabulous cards and creations as well!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Utah Divas International Color Inspiration Challenge UDI#1

Stamps:  Flower Fancy, Afterthoughts (hostess set)

Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzaz, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake

Classic Inks:  Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso

Big Shot Machine and Tasteful Trim Die, Cutting Pads

Acccessories:  Champagne Glass Glitter, Stampin Dimensionals, Stampin Write Markers, Photo Corner Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Tombow Multi Adhesive, Snail Adhesive, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon

Utah Divas International Design Team Members:

Gretchen Barron

Edie Bunting

Patty Chenail

Maxine Conrad

Brandy Cox

Monika Davis

Sharon Field (Me!)

 

Hope you enjoyed todays UDI #1 challenge and will play along with us!  Tomorrow I’ve got a new Diva Coffee Break Design Team Challenge.. look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

nana_cindy42 said...

I really like this card, the colors, techniques, and design. Beautiful!

Liz Goldhawk said...

I love this colour combo! Your flowers are so pretty... I love the way you split the petals. The glitter corner is such a nice touch. Thanks for sharing!

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is gorgeous and I too like the color combination. Nice job Sharon! :)))) Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Patrice said...

What a beautiful card Sharon. This color combo is something else! Love it

Liz Miller said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Love your card!

lisa808 said...

Beautiful card! Congrats on being invited to join another DT--way to go!

Carol said...

Fabulous card...thanks for sharing!!!

Linda said...

What a lovely card, I'm going to case it if I have some time this evening!!

Pockets of Inspiration said...

Sharon, this is beautiful!