Thursday, September 30, 2010

Challenged? Try This Miracle Solution to Jumpstart Your Creativity!

Well, not exactly a miracle… but from time to time, I am challenged to come up with an appropriate and interesting blog post, and this is what works for me!.  Today I turned to two challenge sites:  Splitcoast Stampers and Mary Jo Price-Williams Techno Stampers.  I really should put these on separate blog posts… but then again, I’m sure some crazy card will pop into my head again in the next few days!   So, today I bring you SC298 sketch challenge from Splitcoast Stampers, and TSSC141 from Techno Stampers.

This first card sketch kind of surprised me because it is very similar to one I recently drew for a design team.. I haven’t stamped and/or created that card yet… but the round sphere in the center reminded me of a world globe, so my mind wandered…. to the Newsprint Designer Series Paper.. (yum!).  One of the paper print patterns just happens to include a map showing where I live!!!  Imagine that!!  So, for SC298.. I bring you an old joke… What is Black, and White and Read all over…the world, a globe, and an invitation to visit the state of Florida… right….. --->HERE (Insert dry humor here:)

SC298SharonStamps

And of course my second card share today, for the Techno Stampers TSSC141 Challenge… a Christmas card… the two parallel ribbons have been folded and cut at an angle reminiscent of a sled or sleigh, bearing tidings for the season.

TSSC141_sharonFIeld

The background for this card was actually created a couple months ago, and found while digging through my ‘inspiration basket’… It was made by adhering silver Waffle Paper to a sheet of Whisper White Cardstock, and then embossing with the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder and my Big Shot machine… A sanding block was used to lightly sand the raised surfaces before applying basic jewel rhinestones to the center of the snowflake embossed images and to dot the “i” in Christmas. 

I’m enjoying  the new Extra Large Designer Label Punch from the holiday mini catalog… just wish they would arrive in nested pairs (like twins:)  The punched/embossed image was inked on the outer edges with a sponge dauber and Night of Navy classic ink before pop dots were added to the back and attached to the card.

I ran Snail adhesive (double sided adhesive) down the back of the Night of Navy 5/8” Satin Ribbon and folded it in 1/2 before cutting the ends on an angle with Ribbon Scissors… thought it resembled the runners of a sled (work with me:)… perhaps too abstract… maybe not so much now that I’m writing this post.. what do you think?

Stamps, Cardstock, and Supplies used for today’s Challenge Cards:

SC298:

Stamps:  Compliments to the Chef

Cardstock:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler

Designer Series Paper:  Newsprint

Classic Inks:  Basic Black

Big Shot Machine & Accessories:  Clear Circle Bigz Die

Other Accessories:  Silver Brads, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber, Signo White Gel Pen

TSSC141:

Stamps:  Occasional Quotes

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Night of Navy

Paper:  Silver Waffle Paper

Ink:  Versamark

Accessories:  Extra Large Designer label Punch, heat tool, powder pal, embossing buddy, silver embossing powder, stampin’ Dimensionals, Basic Jewels Rhinestones, sponge dauber

Well, tomorrow is another edition of Sketch Frenzy Friday… I hope you’ll stop by and say hi, perhaps play along with the design team too.  In the mean time, remember you can shop for these Stampin Up supplies and more at my Online Stampin’ Up Store!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Kath said...

I think we all suffer from time to time with the inspiratiion block TFS. http://kath-allthatscrap.blogspot.com/

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

One more item to add to the Red/White and black card: the Curves Ahead Sizzlit was used to create the arrow pointing to Florida! Thanks, Jan for bringing this to my attention!

Teressa Thompson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that first card! How do you come up with some of these ideas?

MJ said...

Fabulous cards, I love the curved arrow on the first one, and the one for my sketch is super! Love the double ribbon and the embossing. Great job on both challenges. Thanks so much for playing along!