Sunday, September 19, 2010

A2 Drawer Box from Splitcoast Stampers… Newsprint DSP Again!

Holly McMillen wrote a fabulous Drawer Box tutorial for Splitcoast Stampers a couple months ago… and the World Wide Web was immediately flooded with hundreds of boxes!  Then, someone, I’m not really sure whom… came up with the idea of making the top of the box into an easel.  Again, tons of boxes hit the worId wide web.  You’ve probably seen it all by now… and I really meant to make one when all the snafu and fuss was going on… but all my other creations just got in the way!  So… today’s share is my easel/drawer box featuring the Newsprint Designer Series Paper… and four very simple yet fun cards!

Are you ready?  Here’s the box… I chose not to add the paper handle… the B&V design just seemed to call out “simplify, simplify”…

P7270005

I can see it has had a little rough handling … it’s been passed around my friends and customers quite a few times.  I couldn’t help it.. had to use the printing house words from the Newsprint DSP on the front of the drawer… just seemed appropriate.

The first of four simply layered cards, this one features the baroque motifs stamp set and the Word Play stamp set.  Funny story… while sharing the new 2010/11 Idea Book and catalog with a friend in a one on one preview, she said “sick, isn’t that cute?”  I said “what??”… I’d been reading it sssss… ICK… focusing on ICK…  never saw the whole word!

P7270009

The greeting on this card also comes from the Word Play Stamp set… I added a basic jewel Rhinestone to the star on Wish… by creating a long narrow panel for the focal image, both the newsprint DSP and sentiment have a real wow factor, don’t you think?

P7270008

A little Vintage Wallpaper embossed column, a stapled bit of ribbon and a layered photo corner embellished with a couple brads… I borrowed a black and vanilla background from the Love Letters DSP to include on this card… kind quite worldly feel.. had to use that sentiment!

P7270007

Music, and love.. and hearts and diamonds.  I took my cues from the DSP when adding elements to this card… I LOVE the new DSRB punch (dotted scallop ribbon border punch) but I really don’t care for the name at all, what a mouth full!

P7270006

Well, that’s all for now folks, if you’ve got a little extra time, check out Hollie’s tutorial link at the top of this page… it’s pretty cool.  OR, just take a moment to visit Splitcoatstampers… tons of ideas, tutorials, and resources for stampers there… they even have a Stampin Up! Gallery!  Hope you’re having a very pleasant weekend!  I hope to have tons of new stuff to share with you this week… hope to see you then, you guys are the best!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Teressa Thompson said...

I love it! It's beautiful! The cards are so diverse and the black and white adds some drama.