Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We interrupt this Black & White program… for Very Vanilla!

And Black… and another Clean And Simple design (CAS).  Inspired by a scalloped square die cut which had already been dry embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder!  Just digging around in my scraps, and decided I should really make a card with it… Another card in my series of Black and Vanilla!

The focal point is another image from the Just Believe Stamp Set… wouldn’t it make an elegant place card for a wedding or dinner party?  The wording  or “thank you” is a separate stamp image which was easily lined up inside the little rectangle using a stamp-ma-jig tool.   Hmm.. would also make a beautiful gift enclosure card… minus the ribbon, scalloped square and card!!

P7200015CAS Createdbyu

Viewing images in black and white makes my mind wander.. I can see the focal image in bright floral colors and greens… perhaps a little calligraphy in the center… or maybe as is, and stuffed into a bouquet of flowers… tons of uses for this image… and to think, the stamp set actually has NINE similar coordinating images!

Today’s supply list is very minimal… only one card stock, and one ink.. how clean and simple is that?

Stampin Up Stamps and Supplies Used in Today’s Card:

Stamps:  Just Believe

Cardstock:  Very Vanilla

Classic Ink:  Basic Black

Accessories:  Scallop Square Die, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Basic Black Satin Ribbon

 

On a personal note… just 6 more days until my DD returns home from her adventures in Europe and China!  We’re really looking forward to having her back home as she prepares her final thesis and presentation for dual MBA degrees… it has been a whirlwind year with travels to Germany, Thailand, Poland, Lithuania, China, and more… she has taken tons of pictures documenting her travels and has faithfully called home daily to let us know she is safe… so very responsible!  Hopefully she’ll be able to find a good job after graduating in December!  In the mean time, it will be very good to have her home :)

Hugs,

Sharon

 

 

Pin It!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Very beautiful card - I love your blog!

lisa808 said...

So glad DD will be home in a few days.

Shari Winterstein said...

This is an elegant card and I like the fact that you used Very Vanilla - my forgotten color! Woohoo - I wish I was a little mouse in your house when your daughter returns! What adventures she's had. Thanks for blessing my day! PS: I hope you post some of her pictures.

Tiffany said...

Sharon ~

What a beautiful card! I love simple and clean designs. I also have to get my hands on the "Just Believe" set. It is so versatile!

Enjoy your DD's homecoming ~

Tiffany :0)
love22stamp.blogspot.com