Friday, August 27, 2010

Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge SFF082710

Today’s fabulous sketch frenzy friday challenge is brought to you by Susan Grant!  You know her from the blog Art From Your Heart, the one that’s after my blog in the Sketch Frenzy Friday line up!

template for aug-001_Suzy

Wasn’t sure what I would do with this sketch… all I could envision was a baby card (see the bib?)… but after some stamp and play time, here is the card I came up with:

P8050005

As you can see, I’m still enjoying the Love Letters Designer Series Paper.. Black and Vanilla (and Riding Hood Red too)… What’s not to love?  The 5/8” Very Vanilla Satin Bow was tied in exactly the same manner as I shared in last weekend’s Perfect Ribbon Bow Tutorial – no special equipment needed, just the same method my DH taught the kids to tie their shoe laces with twenty something years ago!  (LOL… I heard MS has copied my DH’s bunny ears poem too!) 

If you noticed on the card, the ribbon behind the bow is indented, as if the bow were tied around it… but it’s not!  I usually add a little brad to pinch the ribbon, or in this case, a couple mini glue dots and pinch the ribbon before attaching the bow with mini glue dots.  I always use three mini glue dots when attaching a bow, to ensure it doesn’t come untied… one is placed directly behind the knot, and the other two are attached to the loops on either side of the knot.  If the tails are long, I’ll sometimes add a little tombow mono to the tails as well, but not a glue dot… when pressed hard against a surface, the dot will show through the ribbon!

Stamps and Supplies used for today’s SFF082710 Card Share:

Stamps:  Just Believe

Paper:  Love Letters Designer Series Paper; Very Vanilla and Basic Black Card Stock

Classic Ink:  Basic Black

Accessories:  Sizzix scallop oval die, big shot machine, 5/8” Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, mini glue dots, sponge dauber, corner rounder, basic jewels:  Pearls 

To play along with us this week, visit the Sketch Frenzy Friday Blog I’ll be watching for your creations!

Next stop on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge Hop is Susan Grant (she made this week’s sketch so I can’t wait to see what her card looks like!).

See you tomorrow with another Super Saturday Tutorial… hmm, wonder what I’ll be teaching you then…

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

11 comments:

Patrice said...

What a pretty card Sharon, Good luck on the RBT I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Melinda said...

Oh so elegant! I love it!

Memories by Brenda said...

Pretty card, I love how you used the big shot and the large oval, I wished I would have thought of that. Great Job

Shari Winterstein said...

Gorgeous and simply elegant. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Very nice. I LOVE black/white anything.

Angela said...

Very nice! I like the elegance of the black and white only combo.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Very pretty and striking.. mine won't be so "pretty".. :)

Ann Schach said...

Great job with the sketch! I love the black and white color scheme...very classy! Great pearl placement! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Serendipity Blog said...

I really love your card!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful! Such a classic look - so glad you play at PPA!

Stampin' Diva said...

You really nailed the sketch. The colors and pearls are perfect match to the inspiration!! Thanks for joining us @ PPA!!