Sunday, August 1, 2010

One More Welcome… Golden Christmas Card

Just one more Christmas card share… another one using the Welcome Christmas Stamp Set from Stampin Up… and then I’ll move on to other stamps, paper and ink! 

So.. did you check out yesterday’s post?  Hope you’ll take time to enter and win the blog candy!  Blog candy is free… and you just have to follow the directions in the post to be entered to win!  AND.. thanks to all who emailed or left sweet birthday wishes for me too!  You guys are the best!

Today’s card is an elegantly simple layered design featuring the Welcome Christmas Stamp Set showcased with Brushed Gold and Very Vanilla Cardstock… a few layers, but not too many!  I think you’re really going to like this card.. well, I hope so anyway!  I’m thinking about making it for my Christmas card this year too… well, if something else doesn’t pop into my head.. ha ha!

P7200018Brushed Gold Created By You

Both image and words were heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.  A Powder Pal was used on the cardstock before stamping with Versamark Ink to prevent the embossing powder from sticking places other than where the Versamark Ink was stamped.

Background dry embossing was done with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder, and the bow was tied using the simple childrens’ bunny ears shoelace tying technique  (form two loops or bunny ears, wrap one around the other… and then down into the bunny hole).  Everytime I tie a bow, I can hear my DH teaching the children to tie their shoe laces!!

Stampin’ Up! Supplies used in today’s card:

Stamps:  Welcome Home, Four the Holidays

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold

Ink:  Versamark

Accessories:  Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, heat tool, gold embossing powder, powder pal, Big Shot Machine

Stampin’ Up! Exclusive Textured Embossing Folder:  Perfect Polka Dots

Blogging is fun, but it’s a lot of work too…  hopefully you’ll find a little inspiration here and there.  Online orders are always appreciated, and delivered right to your door!  Shop My Online Stampin’ Up! Store… or contact me to get your items included with my next order which will be placed on Wednesday, August 4th.  I always treat my customers very well… and when you place an Online Order, you’ll receive a special thank you in the mail from me too!

We’re moving on to black & white cards tomorrow ;-) Hope you will come back and check them out!

Huge Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

8 comments:

Carol Matthews said...

Oh My! I am speechless. This is a perfect card and I hope you don't mind if I use it as a class card for my customers?!
It might also be my personal Christmas card to send out - hope SU has lots of gold embossing!!!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Sincerely,
Carol

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This silhouette image looks terrific embossed in gold. A nice, simple layout to show it off.

craftymaria said...

I just love this card - as I love all your cards. Hope you don't mind if I case it.

lisa808 said...

White & gold--so elegant.

mmwilken said...

This is such a gorgeous card!! Just love, love it!! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful creation!!

Ms said...

I just got this set and I LOVE what you've done with this. It's just stunning..... Thank you for sharing your wonderful creativity

inkedx2 said...

Sharon,

This is a beautiful card. Worth casing for my Christmas stamp-a-stack.

Robbie

Mary Brown said...

What a beautiful Christmas card!