Sunday, August 29, 2010

More Simple and Elegant Golden Christmas Cards

Last Tuesday, I shared two simple golden Christmas cards featuring the Northern Flurry Textured Embossing Folder >>View them HERE<<,  and in my Splitcoast Stampers Gallery HERE.  You seemed to like them a lot… so today I’m sharing with you two more, using most of the same supplies!  First up, a card featuring the lovely Dasher Stamp (one of my very favorites).

Embossed and Bejeweled Dasher

Isn’t he lovely?  I’ve added Basic Jewels Rhinestones to the Northern Flurry Brushed Gold Background and to Dasher’s antlers.  I just love the affordably priced Basic Jewels Rhinestones and Pearls!  They were one of my very first must have’s when the New Idea Book & Catalog was released!  Each package contains 150 jewels in three sizes for just $4.95… a real bargain!!  (If you don’t already have a catalog, you can click on the catalogs tab at the top of the page, they’re found on page 188 of the Idea Book & Catalog.)

A stripe of tombow mono adhesive was added to the lower half of the embossed image, Gold Chunky Glitter was poured over the adhesive, and tapped down with my fingertip to make sure it was completely adhered.  Here’s a close-up:

bejeweled dasher Created By You

I love the rhinestones in his antlers, don’t you?

Here’s a second card, featuring the Basic Jewels Pearls, and Northern Flurry Embossing:

Northern Flurry Snowflakes Created By You

The Embossed White Greeting “Merry Christmas” is from the Bells & Boughs Stamp set.  Hmm.. I see a boo boo on this photo, do you?  LOL, I left ONE of the tiny pearls off the snowflake on the right.. probably wouldn’t have even noticed had I not blogged this card!  Yikes.. it only takes a second to add another one, and will do that this morning!

TIP:  I pick up the Basic Jewels with the tip of some teflon coated paper snips (sadly, not Stampin’ Up!).  Opening the snips slightly and placing the tip just underneath the pearl or rhinestone, and closing slightly,  allows me to both pick up both jewel and adhesive, and to perfectly place the Basic Jewels where needed.

Have a wonderful Sunday with friends and family!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Jackie L Watson said...

Gorgeous card and Congrats Queen Sharon!!!

Pat said...

Beautiful cards!

Karen Rogers said...

Hi Sharon from kiwi Karen - ohh he's gorgeous in gold too

Kitty A. said...

Both of these cards are stunners! You have captured simple and elegant perfectly - my favs!
kit_marie09 at hotmail dot com